3rd Trimester

Changing Pad a little bigger than Dresser surface??

Ok, so I found a cute vintage dresser I like, has drawers and a hanging spot.

Only problem is, it's about an inch shorter than the changing pad.

It's only $50 and I hate passing it up - would you?

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Changing Pad a little bigger than Dresser surface??

• My table is a little shorter than the changing pad too. I changed my nephew on it the other day for practice and had no issue with it, so we're leaving it.

That said, just make sure it's secured tightly to the dresser, so it stays in place.

• gotcha! thank you. by the time he is squirmy enough, I'll change him on the bed ANYWAY.
    God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah..I can't imagine using ours all that often either. The bathroom counter with a towel, the bed with a towel all seem to be my hot spots for changing other people's kids so it's a practice I'll probably continue.

That's why I'm not too worked up about having a "real" changing table.

• Can you switch out the changing pad for a shorter size?   We were able to find one that fit the specs of our dresser perfectly.
  • They make compact changing pads. I got a standard one yesterday at my shower, and while it fits on the dresser, I just feel it takes up too much room. I probably won't change her a whole lot on there anyways, so I may go back for the compact or may do without - haven't decided yet.?
  • Our original changing pad was a bit bigger than our changing table so I went on amazon and found one that literally fits perfectly.

HTH

• it looks like a standard width wise is 16 inches.  if only i could find a 14 inch one....
  • We had the same issue with a vintage bassinet and my MIL simply took the stitching out of the long end of the bassinet pad (even though it was a little plastic-y), cut about an inch off the end, then stitched it right back up.  It might be a little more difficult to do with a changing pad because of the curved sides, but I bet it could be done.  Then just put a cover on it and no one will ever know!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"