Working Moms

Cereal at daycare

Hi ladies,

How do you send cereal with your LO?

Do you send a whole box and leave it there along with spoon and bowl?

Or do you send a little every day?

Also, do you send extra BM or formula for them to mix it? TIA!

Re: Cereal at daycare

• I just sent a big box and her regular bottles.  They provide the bowl and spoon and use a little of her milk to mix it.  I haven't upped the milk because I'm pumping and only make so much.  So far it is working okay, though she only just started eating some instead of spitting it all out!
  • We waited till around 6 months to start doing a meal of solids at daycare so by that time DS was on all the stage 2s and i just send the mixed fruit and cereal jars. He was never a fan of plain cereal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I never sent cereal to daycare.  I waited until we were on purees and he had eaten them well at home and then started sending one at daycare for "lunch" while we introduced fruits at home at dinner time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i send it pre-made
  • I have a box there and they mix it with her fruit and add water to thin it.  She's not a fan of cereal so she never eats it alone, and we really only feed it to her for the iron. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I sent the box and they would mix it with her fruit or veggies to thicken those up.  DD never liked plain cereal until she could eat table cereal and she preferred a thicker texture for her fruits and veggies.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• I send it dry and portioned. They mix it with water or milk if there is any leftover. She eats it for the iron.
  • We put the rice cereal in her bottles that we made at home, But I used formula though. I also send spoons with baby food.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"