Multiples
Options

Does anyone actually keep pacis and stuff separate?

I just assumed it'd be too difficult to keep track of two separate sets of pacifiers, etc., so I just let both babies use both indiscriminately.  They have both been exposed to the same germs and always go to the same places together, so it's not like one has an illness she can pass on to the other.  If one of them were sick, I'd definitely keep everything separated, but when they're both healthy, is there a need to do that?  I don't know if I'm being a lazy, sloppy mom or whether everybody else does it this way.  What do you do?

Re: Does anyone actually keep pacis and stuff separate?

• Options
    We do try to keep track of who has used what during the day, but I'm not overly strict about it and if a baby is screaming whatever pacifier is closest gets put in their mouth. At the end of the day I wash all their pacifiers anyway and like you said at this point they've been exposed to the same things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My boys shared EVERYTHING and my babies share everything as well, even when sick.  I feed them with the same spoon, they swap binkies, drink eachothers leftover bottles etc.  I think I'd go crazy if I tried to keep things seperate. 
    image Matthew & Chase Twins!! 12.10.2006 Emma & Justin Twins Again!! 12.2.2008
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

they each have a paci clipped to them during the day- so they only have their paci during the day - at night they get the paci that is in their cosleeper- which we switch up every few days- so they get the paci their brother had a few days ago when they switch beds. If they get sick we'll keep things separate, but for now- i see no reason.

i try to keep things separate (bottles, car seats) so when there are differences I'll be used to doing it - i'm glad i did b/c Gray is now on a different formula so i need to know which is his bottle.  Their car seats will soon need adjustments - to Gibbys, so it's good i keep those separate, too.

other stuff- i don't care.... i'm sure i'll feed from the same spoon when we start solids, etc.  I believe germs are good.

• Options

They share everything unless one is sick.

*ETA: They share everything except bottles.  DS has to be on soy for his eczema and DD can't drink soy because it makes her reflux worse for some reason.  But everything else they share.

• Options
    I tried, but gave up after a couple months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so glad you asked this!  We've been trying, but I know we're not always successful.  
  • Options
    My boys are different colors.  Owen is blue and Ethan is red. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nah; we do what you do. They play with the same toys and, since all of THOSE go in their mouth, it seems pointless to try to keep pacis and such separate. Although just recently they've been taking different types of pacis. (Well, and Alex rarely takes one anymore.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    We have some boy colored ones and girl colored ones, so that's really the only way we can tell. 
  • Options
    I should mention I keep them in different colors only because Ethan pukes so much.  It was a gross thought for me to think of Owen sucking on ethans puke.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine share everything I would have gone insane trying to remember whose was whose.
  • Options
    KMB7KMB7 member

Mine share everything except car seats. When they were little, their seats were pink and blue. Now that they are older they have black seats, and still don't share because the straps are set for each baby. If I run to the store with just one, I adjust the straps so I don't have to go around and get them out of the car.

You will on occasion see my son walk around the house with a pink or purple pacifier. lol 

TTC since 7/06, found out about PCOS on 8/31/06 Dec.2007~ Metformin 1500mg, prenatals, Femara 2.5mg)(cd3-7), Gonal F 100iu(cd5-?) and Ovidrel with TI. DH~ antibiotics to improve motility (cd1-10)
    Beta #1 15dpo 298, Beta #2 18dpo 1048
    Family Blog
    Infertility Blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers image
  • Options
    I always did.  I just took a sharpie and labeled them with the boys initials and always kept them separate.  I also used separate bottles and spoons when feeding them.  Now, I don't.  I use the same spoon, bowl and they interchange their water sippy cups (still keep their milk separate because they take different kinds).
  • Options
    It worked when they were really small, but one they started moving around and interacting, it was all over. At this point, even if I tried to keep the pacis seperate, I'd go crazy. I've sat there and watched them pull them out of each others mouths and put the one they had in. Maybe they just want to make sure the other doesn;t have a better one.
  • Options

I have different colored pacis, but that's not to say in a crying fit during a changing, I won't shove their brother's paci in their mouth, LOL.

I don't share bottles (although see post above), but once washed, I don't care which is which.  Everything else is shared.

• Options
    No separating here.  I just fed them a bowl of ice cream last night - one bowl, one spoon.
  • Options

I tried keeping things separate for about two weeks and then gave up.  I did buy the personalized pacifiers, but that was more for other people to know who was who.  I kind of went on the premise that my boys were pretty much going to get sick from each other no matter what, so I didn't worry about it too much.

• Options
    You can try, but don't try too hard. By the time they hit a year, they'll be switching pacis on their own!  My girls make a game out of it ;)
  • Options

Our boys had thrush in the beginning so we kept everything seperate: pacis, bottles, medicine applicators.

But for the past 2 month we have relaxed with that.  We usually don't share bottles though unless one guy doesn't finish and the other guy is still hungry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagePianoPlayingSarah:
    No separating here.  I just fed them a bowl of ice cream last night - one bowl, one spoon.

THIS.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mommy to twin girls, Ashlyn & Fiona, born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.
  • Options

imagencsubride:
    Mine share everything I would have gone insane trying to remember whose was whose.

This.  No way in hell am I fighting with them over which sippy cup they drink out of, which pacifier they happen to grab...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"