Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

im going to attend a HAND meeting

on thursday sept 3rd. our local HAND holds meetings the 3rd thrusday of every month. i think it will really help.

HAND= helping after neonatal death

and the coordinator (who had a loss herself) said that everyone that attends in my local group had a baby that was born sleeping (still born) between 20wks gestation to a woman who was almost 42wks gestation.

Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

Re: im going to attend a HAND meeting

• Options

I think that is great. I have thought about going to a simular meeting. In my area (Sacramento, CA) we have sharingparents. Perhaps someday I will be at the point that I feel comfortable attending.

BTW- your daughters foot prints are just beautiful. I would have loved to have such perfect little footprints. If I were to get a tattoo- that is what I would do... I am so sorry for your loss...

• Options
    imageroxyttandme:

I think that is great. I have thought about going to a simular meeting. In my area (Sacramento, CA) we have sharingparents. Perhaps someday I will be at the point that I feel comfortable attending.

BTW- your daughters foot prints are just beautiful. I would have loved to have such perfect little footprints. If I were to get a tattoo- that is what I would do... I am so sorry for your loss...

i am in the modesto area, so that is where our HAND meeting is held. and thank you, i am going to have her little feet tattooed on me as soon as i have the money to do so. i believe there is a HAND up in the sac area too. anyway feel free to PM me anytime!

Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
    Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
    Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope you find comfort in these meeting, I am sorry for your losses. HUGS
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the support group I attended and highly recommend going.  I hope it helps you too!  Let us know what you think...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"