Baby Showers
Options

Baby Monitors

I'm torn between the video and audio only models...  I've heard a few creepy stories about the video monitor (picked up someone elses child monitor frequency on the same street!).  The more I read I'm thinking a standard audio monitor may be the better choice but I just really like the option to see my baby if I want quickly. 

Which do you find better? Thoughts on your experiences?

Re: Baby Monitors

• Options

My answer might depend on how big your house is, do you have more than one level etc etc?

If your house is relatively small then I think video monitoring is overkill...but that's just a personal thing. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    i got the dual receiver model by fisher price.  the video one seems creepy to me, if your baby is crying your not going to look at the monitor, your going to go get the baby =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Based on several recommendations from friends were getting the video monitor. My understanding is that the chances of picking up someone elses monitor on yours are the same weather is audio or video.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we were going to go video but we ended up audio (FP Lights and Sound).  We have a Colonial w/3 levels of living and I've never had reception problems.  I even take it outside.  My neighbors also have kids/monitors and we've never had interference.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"