Indiana Babies
Options

bummed (nbr)

Brian and I haven't had a weekend at home together since August 1, and won't again until October 10. Some of the weekends we'll be together, but at weddings or other stuff. The rest of the time he's gone and I'm home with Ella. I'm really super bummed about it for several reasons, not the least of which is having him here to spend time with Ella.

Plus, we have a Sunday morning ritual and I really miss it.

Crying

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: bummed (nbr)

• Options

Also.

Let me just throw it out there and admit I'm a little resentful about some of the things he's doing. It's important to him (and to me) that he stay in touch with his high school friends. However, 3 of the next 7 weekends involve them - their fantasy football draft, a wedding I can't go to, and their 10 yr reunion that I can't go to.

I think it's overkill. If the point is to see them, why does it have to be three times in two months?

And no, I haven't said anything to him because I know no matter how I say it, it's going to sound like I'm trying to stop him from having fun or seeing his friends. Picking my battles here.

• Options
    Eek that would bother me, too.  ((HUGS))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    update: I think he could sense my sadness this morning because he said he was going to try to un-rsvp for the wedding. it's the weekend before my birthday so i'm not-so-secretly happy :)
  • Options
    I'm sorry.  I hope that un-rsvp-ing works, and that you guys get some quality time together soon!!
    Mother's Day, 2011
  • Options
    Aw that's sweet of him to UN RSVP.  Guys really don't get it sometimes! Mine would say "why don't you do something with your girlfriends then?" because toting two kids around with a bunch of other moms trying to have "girl" time would make it all better. Not exactly DH but thanks for playing.
  • Options

imagemandyallcorn:
    Aw that's sweet of him to UN RSVP.  Guys really don't get it sometimes! Mine would say "why don't you do something with your girlfriends then?" because toting two kids around with a bunch of other moms trying to have "girl" time would make it all better. Not exactly DH but thanks for playing.

And that wouldn't even work for me because none of my girlfriends live near me! Yeah, guys don't get it. Then again, how can they? I wouldn't have gotten it before I was a mom either.

• Options
    Aw, I hope you get some good quality weekend time together soon!
  • Options

Ooooh - that sucks.  It is really hard for me when DH and I don't have weekends together.  Can you make a point to create a ritual in the evenings instead of/in addition to Sunday mornings? 

We particularly like the ritual of sitting down before bed with a drink (wine, tea, whatever you guys like) and going over our day.  We are really bad about doing it now (mostly because DH is working super late every night so I am asleep before he gets home), but we love it when we do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"