Houston Babies
Options

How soon is too soon to go out in public?

I'm dying to go out to eat, but we weren't sure how soon is too soon to take her in public?

Re: How soon is too soon to go out in public?

• Options

she was born fridaynight, went home sunday, the following sunday i was feeling uber cooped up so we went to a local farmers market. nothing big, open air, but got me out of the house.

if you're feeling cooped up and she has no immune system problems, then I don't see why you can't go out to get some food.

big sister, little brother
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we took her out to a restaurant when she was about 2 weeks old. She slept in her infant carrier the whole time and we kept a light blanket over it. We went to Target after her first night home from the hospital because I needed nursing bras and couldn't send rrr to get them because I didn't know what they had. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We took Tyler out to lunch after his 1 week appt. and he did fine.

He slept the whole time in his car seat and we kept him covered up.

He is healthy and has no immune problems so we felt comfortable doing it.

It felt good to get out of the house and I had my parents in town helping so they were able to drive.

I say do it. Happy mommy=happy baby!

• Options

G was 6 days old when we went out to eat. We kept him in his carrier with a blanket over him most of the time on the inside of the booth.

We passed up a couple of busy looking restaurants and picked one that was less crowded, but he was fine. =) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Probably about a week old with K.  We went to lunch.  The hostess at Potato Patch almost got taken out b/c she stuck her head under the blanket and was all close to her... It seriously took everything in me not to knock her head off. lol

By two weeks, she'd probably been all over North Spring and The Woodlands! 

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    Natalie was at Super Target when she was like 5 days old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

we took Claire out at 2 weeks I believe. Everything I read said to just use common sense, don't let people hold her or touch her hands. I just put a blanket over her to not draw attention. It worked really well and she slept the entire time. It's not cold/flu season yet so you should be fine :)

Where are you going? We are trying to decide what we want to do tonight.

• Options
    imagedlphnlvr_25:

Everything I read said to just use common sense, don't let people hold her or touch her hands. I just put a blanket over her to not draw attention. It worked really well and she slept the entire time. It's not cold/flu season yet so you should be fine :)

This exactly.

• Options
    We went to Target and out to lunch when he was 6 days old.  Jason's Deli - very exciting.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Options
    We stopped at a restaurant for lunch on the way home from the hospital, so... 2 days old? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We took her out to eat at 5 days old. We had to have a followup pedi appt and went out for mexican after that. She stayed in the carrier with a blanket hiding her most of the time. I also put the carrier in the booth between me and the wall so no one could reach her to touch her.
    - Jena
  • Options

We are bad bad bad..   With Luca - Niko Niko 3 days old....  Bruch with margaritas 5 days old..  BRU and Target 3 days old.....

With #2....  we also went out to eat at 3 days old...  we are not germaphobes by any means... 

• Options
    We took her to Target when she was a week old. She slept in the carrier the whole time. I think we went out to eat the next day.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

My mom and I took DS to Target when he was less than a week old.  We kept him covered the whole time.  I'm sensing Target is the go-to place after having a baby....LOL!  (I saw a new mom and baby last night when I was there...haha!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses!  I wanted out of the house for restaurant food so we took her to Logans--LOL!  I'm not sure if I was worried about the germ issue as much as I was the crying issue, but she just slept the whole time, so it was rather uneventful.   Target is definitly our next trip!Big Smile
  • Options

imagekellynkyle:
    Thanks for all the responses!  I wanted out of the house for restaurant food so we took her to Logans--LOL!  I'm not sure if I was worried about the germ issue as much as I was the crying issue, but she just slept the whole time, so it was rather uneventful.   Target is definitly our next trip!Big Smile

Yeah, we always tried to leave either right after a feeding.  Then, we knew we had some time before the next one, and that he would be sleepy.  Also, bring a bottle just in case you don't make it back home and they wake up and are hungry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"