Georgia Babies
Options

So dinner last night....

Actually dinner went pretty well considering all the past drama with bro and sil.  DH and I are keeping our guard up and remaining cautious for awhile though because we can get along for a few days and then after that it seems to blow back up into drama again.  Which we obviously don't want.  So we know that sil can "behave" for a few days (which is all they are really here for anyways).  So we are thankful about that, and hope that this really is a true change of character for her/them, but have still learned our lessons from the past and are remaining cautious. 

Just wanted to let you all know that it actually went well and that it was actually a very good shock and surprise to us.  We were also shocked that they gave us a gift for us and baby while we were at dinner.  And it wasn't a cheap gift either.  They got us our PNP off our registry! I about fell off the sofa with that one (in the past my parents have always bought the gift and given it to my bro and sil to give to us - they weren't very good at managing their own money before they moved away).  So hopefully we are starting to see them really truly grow up and finally step up to the plate to be the parents they should be and everything.  

We still aren't out of the woods yet, but this seems like this is the first time in over 5 years that we might actually have a chance of fixing things and getting along with them finally.  If they do move back next summer, that will be the true test of whether or not they have really changed or not.  And I am hoping for the best, but also staying prepared for the worst.  When you try to fix things several times and end up always getting burned you have to remain cautious even if the "fire" looks like it is no longer a fire. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"