Houston Babies
Options

so not cool

we've been having more nap issues (she goes down like a champ, but she's not sleeping very long) so we went to the zoo today and i let her play and play and play hoping that skipping her morning nap would mean she'd go down for one big nap.

nope. 90 minutes is all we got.  she looks like a raccoon she's so tired.

Re: so not cool

• Options
    That stinks-- I'm sorry )=
  • Options

I'm not sure how old she is, but DD dropped to one (1 1/2 hour) nap around 11 months.  Some kids just don't nap as much. 

Of course, I don't really know you're situation.  I'm sorry!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

:/ 

I found with K that skipping the morning nap, didn't always help her sleep longer.  Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't.  I always felt robbed when she didn't. lol

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Options
    imagelilrunner:

I'm not sure how old she is, but DD dropped to one (1 1/2 hour) nap around 11 months.  Some kids just don't nap as much. 

oh no ... don't tell me this!

she's 11 months old :(

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:
    imagelilrunner:

oh no ... don't tell me this!

she's 11 months old :(

Sarah was never a napper.  If I got 30 minutes out of her at that age, it was a good day.  She slept straight through at night though for 12 hours.  She just didn't need/want the daytime nap and we ended up dropping it before she was two.

• Options

I was hoping for the same thing when Rena recently dropped her morning nap but it hasn't happened. I'm lucky if she naps 90 minutes. She's sooo cranky by dinnertime!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

If it gives you (and NVP) any hope, Char dropped to one nap at about 11 months.  It was more often than not 1.5-2 hours, which I was pretty happy with (she's an awesome sleeper).  As she's gotten older, started walking at 13 months, plays harder and longer, and does more activities, her naps (starts about 12:30 these days) have gotten longer.  An average nap for her is 2.5 hours, and lately, she's been taking 3-3.5 hour naps.  It's awesome.

However, today, her nap was barely an hour and a half and she was EXHAUSTED by 7 pm (when we start her dinner/bath/bedtime routine, and in bed by 8).  She asked for night night.  So tired.  So yeah, I feel your pain when they only get 1.5 nap and you know they need more.  We have a friend in town who she just loves, so she was excited, and she also pooped during her nap, which woke her up (I HATE when that happens ~ it totally robs her of a good nap).

Anyway, there is hope that as Mar gets older, she'll stretch out the length of her nap.  Dude, there have been plenty of days (esp. lately) when I've put her down at 12:30 and I don't see her again until 3:30!!  Crazy! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

so yesterday, she napped for all of thirty minutes in the morning....boo, right?

but then, she took a two hour afternoon nap!  much more her normal schedule.  in addition to the fact that she slept for thirteen hours the night before.

Kids I tell ya, they'll keep you on your toes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"