Adoption
Options

My foster son is gone and I really miss him...

Crying

I am doing ok, remarkably better than I imagined, mostly because it wasn't expected. I dropped him off with his mom for a trip and when I came back, he didn't.  So I came home to laundry and work and needing to unpack and now I have family in town, so I've been preoccupied.

But I still really miss him. My SIL is sleeping in S's room and I keep calling it S's room. He still has laundry in his clothes basket and shoes on his floor, I never even made his bed the day he left so I had to strip it and remake it for guests.  It's just so strange, everything in my house reminds me of him.

I know it's not necessarily for good, most likely he'll be back for at least a short period but I love him so much and I miss him in my house, in my life, calling me mommy.

I just knew you ladies would understand.

Foster mommy's who have "lost" their kids (I know that's not the right wording), how did you handle it?

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: My foster son is gone and I really miss him...

• Options

:( 

I am sorry....glad you are doing well, but sorry for your emptiness.

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    I haven't been in that situation, but just wanted to give you some hugs. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have an online blogging friend that lost her two foster sons just this past July. She had them in her house, in her heart for almost a year. It was heartbreaking.

Many hugs and prayers.

If you want to read her blog, email me at skyaangel at aol dot com. two a's in the skyaangel

• Options

It is hard- I'm sorry you are going through this.  I had several that left very unexpected too.  And when my boys completed their transition to their adoptive home (about a month) it was still hard.  At night when I was in bed and trying to fall asleep was the worst.

It helped me a lot to stay busy and I usually got another placement fairly quickly and that helped too.  When the little girl I tried to adopt left I took it very hard and almost quit.  My two boys came with in a month but I was unable to empty her clothes out the dresser and put in their things for several weeks.  I hope having your family with you helps.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't have any words or experience but I am sending you big (((hugs))) and prayers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Big hugs, MayDay.  I'm sorry.  I've never been through it before; I can only imagine how hard it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't understand what you are going through, but I hope time helps heal the pain.
  • Options

imageArt Teacher:
    Big hugs, MayDay.  I'm sorry.  I've never been through it before; I can only imagine how hard it is.

This

• Options

Love you Rach! Hang in there!!! 

{{HUGS}}

• Options
    Aw man... I'm so sorry.  Your family and S are in my prayers.
  • Options

Sending you lots and lots of (((HUGS)), Rachel. You are definitely in my thoughts.  God be with you...

Sophia

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options

I am so sorry. Having him leave is hard enough, but having it happen so suddenly and unexpectedly is awful.

I don't have any advice. Most of my placements were very short-term. I was sad when my foster daughter left, but my foster son arrived the night before she left and he really needed me. I didn't have time to grieve her departure but I still think of her almost everyday. My little man has been with us almost a year. I have no idea how I'll deal if he's reunited with his parents.

Was S's mom planning on taking him back. It sounds like it was a spontaneous decision. Any chance when the honeymoon period of his return is over, she'll realize she's not as prepared as she thought? 

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  My sister had 3 brothers for a year that were removed about a month ago.  It was really hard for me; i can't imagine what it would be like to be in the position of you or her.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    my heart is so sad for you....just hope you feel better soon! ((HUGS))
    WHAT'S IN MY CAMERA BAG: Canon 40D, 50 mm 1.8 prime and not much else yet! Learning to edit with PSE 8 AND LR 3. My real name isn't Tiffany, and I'm a photography newbie! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sending some hugs your way.
  • Options

i know EXACTLY what you're going through. i've had to part with 3 children (4 months and 10 months they were here). i won't lie, it's VERY hard. the first one leaving was hard on me because she was our first. DH went around the house and moved all baby related things into the nursery and I didn't set foot in there for 3 weeks. the next 2 were even harder because i had my little girl AND my little boy. she was suppose to be ours from the get go, but we knew that was just optimistic, and then we got him (her brother).

please PM me if you need anyone to talk to :)

• Options
    I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through. hugs.
  • Options

I'm sorry MayDay.

me -----> Left HugyouRight Hug

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your sadness. Huge (((HUGS))) to you
  • Options
    How awful! I'm so sorry. ((Hugs))
  • Options

i don't have any advice for you, but big hugs coming your way!

I hope you feel better. 

• Options
    Aww, I am so sorry. I know it must be hard. Hang in there (HUGS).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"