Houston Babies
Options

Tell me about your "2nd stage" stroller

I never got a travel system....just the Graco snap-n-go.  I LOVE my snap-n-go but want to start exploring other options since DS is starting to sit up and I'm sure he would love to look around a little bit more.  I don't want anything too bulky (hence the reason I didn't get the "cadillac stroller" at first) but I do want something more than an umbrella stroller.  Also, I'm 6' and want something that is tall enough (or can be extended to be tall enough) for me.  I liked the sng because I could adjust the handle to the tallest setting and it was perfect.  Any suggestions would be great!  Oh, and if you care to tell I'm wondering prices as well.  Thanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me about your "2nd stage" stroller

• Options

We have this one and I really like it.  BRU has it under the jogging strollers but it really isn't one (just has the look of one).  I like the fact that the seat can be changed to facing you or facing out.  It comes with a car seat adapter just like the snap-n-go.  The handle is also pretty high so it would be perfect for a taller person.  I am about 5'8" and I feel that it is pretty high. I have gotten a ton of compliments on it when we have been out and about.  The one negative is that it is slightly heavy and not nearly as easy to fold and move as the snap-n-go is.  I read a lot of reviews when looking for one and felt that it would be a good one for us.  It is pretty inexpensive as well.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3299773 

• Options

How cute is Tyler??????!!!

I purchased a Graco Metrolite stroller when my older daughter was about eight months old, but I don't know that I'd recommend it.  Surprisingly, I got a lot more use out of a $20 umbrella stroller I purchased on impulse at Wal-Mart.  A more "deluxe" umbrella-type stroller with a feeding tray and adjustable handles and a little storage net might be the perfect compromise.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Chicco Trevi and love it. The Chicco carseats can actually snap into it, but it folds like an umbrella stroller and is smaller than the usual travel system stroller. It's like a souped up umbrella stroller -- cup holder, storage basket, etc. I love it.
  • Options

We have the Joovy Kooper. I love it! It's got a huge umbrella, it reclines and has a decent basket but it folds up like an umbrella stroller.

https://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_kooper.php

We paid around $170 including tax. I ordered it from the Joovy website and got free shipping. I had it the next day. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageKKMMex:

How cute is Tyler??????!!!

Awww, thanks! 

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  Let the searching begin!

• Options

DH liked the adjustable handle on the sng, too, since he is 6'1", but he felt like he would kick the back of the stroller if he had it on the highest setting b/c it didn't push the stroller out far enough in front of him. 

We have this one:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2511554

We have yet to try it out in public (I feel like he still slouches a little too much in it to go for a long time in it), but I am excited to use it!

We looked for reasonable price, something you can easily adjust to lay back (in case they want to sleep), something with a cover (for sun), and ease of opening and closing (preferably with one hand in case we were at the airport or something).

Check out online reviews at BRU and other place, too.  That helped me when picking, as well.  There is also a stroller finder on BRU that might help you out if you are looking for specific amenities.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"