Pregnant after 35
Options

Carla.....

I saw your post below about the dinner assembly thing.  I just wanted to mention that several places offer a stand in chef for pregnant and new moms at no additional cost.  I have checked into Dinner A'Fare here in Atlanta, so I know they offer this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Carla.....

• Options
    Oooh....I'll have to check that out!  Thanks!
  • Options
    Tell me what you're talking about please. Inquiring minds want to know! I didn't see the post. Thanks girls!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Carla mentioned in the check in that she will be going to a make ahead and freeze dinner place this weekend.  Some of these places offer a stand in chef free of charge for pregnant women and new mommies, so you just place your order and then go by and pick it up instead of assembling all of the dinners yourself. Smile
  • Options

What a splendid idea. Did I just say "splendid"? How corny.

My aunt is prepping some meals for us. I think I will start that this week. We're getting soooo very close, m'dear!

• Options
    imageJenniferTCU:

What a splendid idea. Did I just say "splendid"? How corny.

My aunt is prepping some meals for us. I think I will start that this week. We're getting soooo very close, m'dear!

Yes very close.....  I am just ready to be off of work and relax w/ my LO.  Pumpkin is out of school the week of Sept 14th thru the 18th for Fall Break, so she will get to stay home with me.  I can't wait to have both of my babies at home and not have to go anywhere.  Now if only I can get my mother to stay at her house, that would be bliss......

• Options

Mmm, awesome concept!

I'm taking extra time off work before the baby comes to cook and freeze like mad.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I use a place called Let's Eat (www.letseatdinner.com), but they have these type of places all over - Google "meal assembly kitchen" for your area.

I'm so tired when I get home from work (plus I was in school also before the summer) and I hated the time it took to prepare dinner.  With this, my DH and I make it like a "date night" (although we do it Saturday mornings), split the meals, and it'll cover us for most of the month.  I pull a meal out of the freezer the night before to thaw and follow the cooking instructions - sometimes it just needs to be baked in the oven, other times it might need to be cooked up in a frying pan.  Add a salad and a side dish and I'm golden!  And the meals have all been wonderful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"