Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Booster seats until 8 years

Did y'all hear about this?

https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr060209.pdf

Also, starting Sept. 1st, it WILL be illegal for an adult in the backseat of a vehicle to NOT wear a seatbelt. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

Re: Booster seats until 8 years

• Options
    I wonder if that is only in TX.   In CA its 6 and 60lbs... which for dd would be till she's at least 8 anyways.  She may be taking her driving test in a booster :)   she's only 43" and 42lbs at 7.  
  • Options
    I did and my only question is how will they prove the age of the child when they write the ticket?  They can't which means you will have to take time out of your day/off of work to fight it if your child is 8 or older.  My son is 6 and I still make him ride in a booster seat but his dad (my ex) doesn't.  Thanks for sharing this link so I can send it to him with a reminder that he needs a booster seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They've been talking about it for awhile (since beginning of summer) but nothing conclusive. I know we are not the only state to adopt this law. I think it's a great law to have bc I can't tell you how many countless times I have seen a 2 or 3 year old (amongst other ages) in the FRONT seat with NO car seat. It drives me bonkers. I don't know what the requirement was before this but I hope to see less kids in the front seat.
  • Options

imagezoology2:
    They've been talking about it for awhile (since beginning of summer) but nothing conclusive. I know we are not the only state to adopt this law. I think it's a great law to have bc I can't tell you how many countless times I have seen a 2 or 3 year old (amongst other ages) in the FRONT seat with NO car seat. It drives me bonkers. I don't know what the requirement was before this but I hope to see less kids in the front seat.

and the front seat is perfectly okay if in a car seat and the airbag is off. 

• Options
    imagepunkfiction:

imagezoology2:

Well that needs to be changed. That's scary but I guess personal choice? I have just seen NO car seat and I don't know about their air bag situation. Eek makes me cringe

• Options

imagedaveshell1:
    I wonder if that is only in TX.   In CA its 6 and 60lbs... which for dd would be till she's at least 8 anyways.  She may be taking her driving test in a booster :)   she's only 43" and 42lbs at 7.  

Actually, in CA it's 6 years or 60 lbs, so if she's age 7, she no longer needs a booster seat.

I know this because DH commented on it the other day... apparently, somewhere in the CA law, it says that a 60-pound 2-year-old is "OK." Of course, they mean from a not-needing-a-booster-seat perspective, but it comes off funny that it would be OK for a 2-year-old to weigh 60 lbs Smile

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options
    imagezoology2:
    imagepunkfiction:

imagezoology2:

Well that needs to be changed. That's scary but I guess personal choice? I have just seen NO car seat and I don't know about their air bag situation. Eek makes me cringe

well what do you expect someone with a 2 door truck to do? buy a new car? if you can manually turn the airbag off then its perfectly fine. you cannot require people to have a specific kind of car to have a child.

• Options
    imagepunkfiction:
    imagezoology2:
    imagepunkfiction:

imagezoology2:

well what do you expect someone with a 2 door truck to do? buy a new car? if you can manually turn the airbag off then its perfectly fine. you cannot require people to have a specific kind of car to have a child.

Yep! DH drives a truck with no cab. DD is perfectly safe in her con.seat with the airbag off.

No carseat is a problem but dont jump on the people who's kids are safe in the front with a carseat.

• Options
    obviously if you don't have any other option than to have your child in the front seat, then they'll be okay in a seat if the airbags off - but if you have the option, then yes - the back seat is safer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"