Adoption
Options

GTKYF: Vacations

What is:

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on?

2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford?

3. What vacation are you planning next?

Re: GTKYF: Vacations

• Options

What is:

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on? Cruise - We went to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Belize and Nassau.

2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford? Going to the Galapagos Islands

3. What vacation are you planning next? Not sure, looking for ideas. I am joking with DH that I want to go on a Kokamo tour (visit all the countries/cities in the song Kokamo) but beyond that humerous thought, no thoughts or plans...Maybe a trip to Europe? Maybe a cruise?

• Options

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on?

our honeymoon to Mexico because it was so fun being honeymooners.  

6 months to travel around the world. Maybe when we retire...

Other than two short trips to OOT weddings, hopefully India in February

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on?  Spending at a week at OBX with DH doing absolutely nothing

2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford?  Spending a month somewhere tropical like Fiji

3. What vacation are you planning next?  A week at the beach next summer (not sure which beach yet)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Probably our trip to Switzerland, Germany, and Paris. The Switzerland portion was my favorite.

2. I'm not sure. Vacations are really important to us so we tend to save up so we can take good ones. But, my dream of owning a vacation home in several different countries most likely will not come true. ;)?

3. We are taking a long weekend in October to Door County in WI with some friends. We're renting a cabin for several days. We are also planning a vacation for Nov 2010 to Australia & New Zealand. My in-laws will be retired and are planning to join us and baby watch while we do our snorkeling & diving expeditions. ?

• Options

1- Hawaii.  I went with my sister 2 years before she died and I will always cherish that time we spent together.

2- Alaska cruise

3- None, my DH refuses to travel or stay anywhere overnight. Sad  I can't wait till A is old enough to be my travel buddy- I want to take her to Belize, I lived there for several years as a student missionary and have many friends that have become like family to me and I want her to meet them.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1. Favorite vacation: Honeymoon to Australia - it was amazing and i love love love that country.

2. Dream vacation: a month in Africa staying at luxury accomodations and going on amazing safaris

3. we leave for chicago in a week!

• Options

1.  Favorite vacation = my honeymoon in Bora Bora, by far!  It was amazing.

2. Dream vacation = well, Bora Bora was pretty much it.  I would love to take a year off and travel the world, visit Africa, etc. 

3.  Next vacation = Going to new england for thanksgiving.  I don't know if that counts as vacation, but that is our next trip.  Yay!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1.  Favorite vacation = my honeymoon in Punta Cana, DR. I think about it everyday, and I desperately want to go back.

2. Dream vacation = anywhere in the Caribbean

3.  Next vacation = umm, I guess to MD for a wedding in Oct. Maybe a long weekend somewhere?

Photobucket My Favorite Part of Spring~Red Sox Baseball!
  • Options
    imagelilmufish:

What is:

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on?  Probably Costa Rica with the Hubs. It was just really, really fun. 

2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford? Um..Well I guess doing a vacation where everything is first class. But I'm of the opinion that we can "go" to pretty much any locale we want..we just might have to make adjustments to our expectations. 

3. What vacation are you planning next? Well, the next place I'm going is Salt Lake City for a Sport Psych conference. Weee!  But the next big vacation we are planning is Europe. My parents are living there in 2010 and we are definitely going! 

• Options

Ah...vacations!

1-  I have so many favorites...whatever my last big trip was tends to rank high!  But overall, I think our honeymoon in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, and beach time in Zanzibar and Pemba) will always rank number one.

2-  I don't want to believe any vacation is out of reach :)  We live a modest lifestyle but value travel and tend to spend our chunks of recreational money all on travel.  The two next big trips (like within ten years) will be Kenya and Uganda (tell see mountain gorillas), and three weeks traveling throughout New Zealand. 

3-  Nothing planned.  This summer we did small getaways.  I don't want to plan something big until we have a baby!

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options

1. Florida to the beach in 2006 with the kids. It was fun and it was the first vacation that I was not worried about the money we paid as we went with money left and had a blast.

2. Travel all over Europe. DH did this when he was in the Navy and I am jealous.

3. Memphis the first weekend in December first vacation with DD. Montreal in September to get DD. Short weekend in Gatlinburg, TN between Thanksgiving and Christmas with all the kids. CA in the summer of 2010. Travel is important to us so I hope to have a long list.

• Options
    Stephanie, we were married in Door County. Big Smile
  • Options

What is:

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on? Our Wedding/Honeymoon Cruise! We went to Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya, & Progresso. It was amazing!!!!

2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford? Italy!

3. What vacation are you planning next? I haven't planned one yet. We will probably go to the beach next year for a week if we have a baby by then, if not we have earned enough cruise points for a 6 night cruise for free so we will probably do that if it's just the 2 of us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekmkaull:
    Stephanie, we were married in Door County. Big Smile

Cool! I've never been. We'll be staying in Sister Bay. :)?

• Options

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on?  I loved my honeymoon in Maui, but I went to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji by myself years ago and that is the one that remains my all-time favorite. 

2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford?  I would love to do a tour of Asia - Japan, SE Asia, China, then to India.  Probably would take 3 months minimum.

3. What vacation are you planning next?  A friend and I are going to Siesta Key, FL, in October for some beach time.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Stephanie- Be sure to eat at Mission Grille.  

imagelilmufish:

What is:

1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on? With DH, Ireland.  In college, Italy-France-Switzerland, Austria, Prague, and Spain, backpacking

South Africa

We're feeling "adoption poor" these days.   I hope to get to Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard in October.

• Options
    1. Your most favorite vacation you've been on?  Our honeymoon in Greece! I loved it.
    2. Your dream vacation that you know you'll never be able to afford?  An african safari is something i've always wanted to do. Or.. rent a small island all by ourselves someplace warm and awesome.
    3. What vacation are you planning next?   A long weekend someplace. Not sure where yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"