Working Moms

Flame Free Friday Confessions and...what you are looking forward to

Hi Ladies,

Thank god its Friday :) I thought It woulde be fun to read some flame free confession and also what everyone is looking forward to this weekend :)

I'll go first- my confessions are:

Confession 1: Without telling DH (he doesnt like the idea), I finally had a house keep come in yesterday..yipee and it was awsome!! Money so well spent!

Confession 2: I was reminiscing about all those exciting and yet very bad boys I dated before DH..hehe.. Some of the memories still make me giggle like a silly idiot... ah the fun I had :)

Ok on to the next thing... despite all this rain here this weekend, I am looking forward to picking my dad up at the airport on Sunday! He's coming over from Australia to visit us!! Yipee. It will be his second time meeting DD and this time I cant wait for them to play..she was only 2 months last year!

Ok your turn :)

Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions and...what you are looking forward to

• ok..ignore the typos!
  • Well I work on the weekends more than the weekday.

My confession is that I am going to go shopping today with DS and my mother while FI is at work. We are going back to our home town tonight for the first football game (we are big football ppl) and all the things blue (our color) show off my bump I still have so I am going to go find something to wear. He has no idea what clothes I have and don't have so he will never know it is new. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but FI is always pissy when I go shopping for anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • #1 - that is awesome.

I'm looking forward to sleeping this weekend.

• Glad you got the housekeeper -- that's awesome!!!

Confession #1:  I'm picking up food from Corner Bakery since DH is OOT and I don't feel like cooking while juggling 2 kids.  DD gets overloaded on yogurt, french fries and pasta when DH is OOT.

Confession #2:  I'm kind of glad to be back at work.  Makes me feel like my life is more the norm.

Confession #3:  I kind of want a third kid.  Well, depends on the minute you ask me.  I think the reality is I want a third kid if I could also afford a live-in nanny.

Looking forward to DH coming home and plant shopping with DD.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• imageai&Jas:

Confession 1: Without telling DH (he doesnt like the idea), I finally had a house keep come in yesterday..yipee and it was awsome!! Money so well spent!

I am so glad you finally did this!  But didn't your DH notice?!

Confession:  The daycare had a bake sale this week, and I bought an apple pie and a pretty big peanut butter bar with M&Ms on it.  I ate the bar in the car on the way home but didn't tell DH.  When he had a piece of pie later and asked whether I wanted some, I said "no, I'm trying to be good." 

Looking forward to: We are going out to a super nice sushi restaurant on Saturday night and have a babysitter, for no reason at all.  We haven't gone out by ourselves for no reason in forever.

• image14years:
    imageai&Jas:

I am so glad you finally did this!  But didn't your DH notice?!

Confession:  The daycare had a bake sale this week, and I bought an apple pie and a pretty big peanut butter bar with M&Ms on it.  I ate the bar in the car on the way home but didn't tell DH.  When he had a piece of pie later and asked whether I wanted some, I said "no, I'm trying to be good." 

Looking forward to: We are going out to a super nice sushi restaurant on Saturday night and have a babysitter, for no reason at all.  We haven't gone out by ourselves for no reason in forever.

14years-- I was warning DH that yesterday I would have the house all nice and clean by the time he came home because my dad is coming this Sunday! So I had been asking him to pick up and move some of his stuff off the floor/counters the entire week. I am a terrible liar so I tried to not give too many details. He did ask me what type of cleaners I used and I just said whatever we had and some baby wipes...because the cleaner used one which smelt sort of powdery... I'm seriously thinking of doing this every month and then telling him one day..LOL!!

• 1)  I'm looking forward to going out to dinner with my Mom and my DS tonight.  DH is working and sometimes when he is with my Mom, he looks so bored.  I always feel bad.  I will have my Mom to myself.

2) I am going to have a few hours to myself on Sunday to do whatever I want.  I need it so desperately. 

3) On the weekends, I look forward to when my DS naps and goes to bed at night.  The terrible two's are upon us already and I am loosing my mind!  I look forward to the down time. 

• I can't wait to snuggle with my boys tomorrow morning. They love to get on either side of me and sleep for the last couple hours in the morning with their arms around me or in my hair. Then they wake up and demand to go see their pet fish!
  • imageai&Jas:

I finally had a house keep come in yesterday..yipee and it was awsome!! Money so well spent!

Confession -  

My DH has told me over and over to hire a maid.  (I get stressed out about not being able to keep the house as clean as I like it.)  I have not hired a maid because I feel like it is the final admission to the fact that I will not be able to SAH with DD anytime in the near future.  DH keeps telling me that I will be able to quit "soon" but I know that "soon" could very well be a year or more away and by hiring a maid to do the cleaning that I would do if I was home is having to own up to that fact.  I need to wake up and face reality, I know...but it's hard to let go.

Looking forward to -

Working in the yard this weekend.  I am not a big fan of yard work but I love how it looks once the bushes are trimmed, new flowers are in, new mulch is down, etc.  I can't wait to see my yard looking great again. 

• imagesmiles4ya:

#1 - that is awesome.

I agree!  Dang-- I'm totally envious!  I wish I'd thought of that, though I could see DH flipping out when he found out, but then again I doubt he ever would-- he doesn't notice anything or would just think I did it! 

My Confessions:

#1-- went to McD's every morning this week for a mocha. 

#2-- had sex with DH just b/c he cleaned DD's bottles.  I told him it was because I had more energy since he'd done it, but it was a reward in hope he woud do it again.

• Forgot to add what I'm looking forward to--

Not having to be up and ready at any particular time. I would say sleeping, but that's probably not realistic!

Snuggling and playing with DD and practicing with more solids and crawling.

Love this post!  Do we do this every Fri?  :)

• Trinny-- I love your confession about the bottles...hahaha...I

I like reading everyones responses so I do try to do these some/most Fridays if I have time! 

• Confession: I'm totally ready to TTC #3 right now but cannot tell my DH b/c he would be ready to get on with the show too.  For several reasons, it is better if we wait at least 6 mos, if not longer.

Looking forward to spending time with my kids this weekend.  I worked a ton this week and could tell that they missed me last night (they were stuck to me like glue).  Also looking forward to date night with DH.  I can't tell you the last time we went out alone just because.  Usually there's a reason other than just spending time together.

• Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

My confessions ? lets see, my 20 year reunion is coming up and I love looking at all my old HS pics and remember the awesome times.  I truly loved HS and had an amazing experience and some amazing friends and an amazing boyfriend who I still think about (we have somewhat kept in touch over the years thanks to email and FB and stuff like that).  Not that I want to go back ?its just great to remember.  My other confession is that while I love my girls to death ? I so can not wait for my 2 vacations without them ? one is in Nov to Boston for a friends wedding (with DH) and the other is our 5th anniversary trip ? destination still being decided on.  It will be someplace warm and sunny which is what I?ll need in Jan/Feb!

Really looking forward to the MN Start Fair on Sunday ? nothing like it and I can?t wait to take my girls.  My oldest was just over 2 last time we went and I was preggo with my 2nd so it will be way more enjoyable this time.  Oh the yummy food I will be eating.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • (Trinny)  #2-- had sex with DH just b/c he cleaned DD's bottles.  I told him it was because I had more energy since he'd done it, but it was a reward in hope he woud do it again.

LOVE THIS!  Men are so easy! 

Confession: I was secretly glad I had meetings and couldn't stay home with the boys yesterday.  They were both throwing up and had high fevers so DH stayed home with the nanny to take care of them. 

Looking forward to: I'm going to start cleaning out a room in the basement and turn it in to a "Ladies Lounge" where mama can relax, scrapbook, etc with NO BOYS ALLOWED!  Smile

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• imagesmiles4ya:

#1 - that is awesome.

I'm looking forward to sleeping this weekend.

OOOO.... that sounds good!
  • My confession is that sometimes I tell people that I think SAH is hard but I really don't.  No daycare today so I spent the day with the kiddies and it was like a vacation.  Even got my daughter's crib put together and did laundry.  And took a shower - amazing that I found the time (:

I'm looking forward to seeing some of my best friends and having date night with my husband!

• Confess:  I misunderstood an email my MIL sent so I invited her to come over and it turned into her sleeping on our couch and using our car for a week and I'm really REALLY not looking forward to that.  (I like MIL but I  like a MIL-free house too.)

looking forward: just spending time with my sweet little girl!  I LOVE this age! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"