North Carolina Babies
Options

And the Mother of the Year award goes to...

ME!!!

Ben just woke up from his nap.  Well, almost a 1/2 hour ago now.  I went to go get him and his door was locked from the inside.  It has a safety knob cover on the inside door knob and I guess the lock got pushed in.  I pulled the door shut when I put him down for his nap and didn't realize it was locked.  I just spent the better part of a half hour trying to get the door to unlock.

At least I finally got it unlocked and he didn't attempt to jump out of his crib in the meantime either.  Good grief!  My poor husband must think I'm a nutter...  He'd be right too...

Re: And the Mother of the Year award goes to...

• Options
    I would have freaked!  we all do crazy stuff, it comes w/ the territory.
  • Options
    yikes! I try to remember to turn the knob every time I close Emily's door to check the lock. It somehow gets locked really easily and we don't realize it. Luckily all you have to do is stick something rigid and skinny in there (we use a q-tip with the cotton removed Stick out tongue )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is horrible of me that I LOL'd at this?

It's about like the time when Connor was about a year old and he was at work with me.  I was at the front desk and he was running down the hall.  I heard a door slam and I just knew that he had shut himself in my office.  He did - with my keys and the door was locked.  Luckily my blinds were open so I could see him but he kept climbing up on the couch in my office (sits below my window) trying to get to me.  I just knew he was going to fall off and bust open his head and I wouldn't be able to get to him.  I had to call one of our maintenance guys who has a master key to let me in.  The whole ordeal took about 15 minutes.  I'm just glad I could see him and he could see me because who knows what he would have gotten into if he hadn't.  I have learned my lesson and always keep my keys on me now.

Ahhh, the joys of parenting!

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"