Secondary IF
Options

Max follies for IUI

How many follies would you have to have for your RE to cancel a cycle?  I've had at the most 3 dominant ones at a time and wondered when most RE's cancel or convert to IVF.
imageimageimageimage m/c at 8w4d - 10/2/09 baby girl Ruth Elise

Re: Max follies for IUI

• Options
    I had 4 and we went forward. Good question, I wonder what point they would cancel it.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    My RE wont do an IUI with more than 3 mature follies. My first cycle I had like 7 or 8 and they cancelled me. My RE aims for just 1 or 2 mature follies, 3 max.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For My RE, three is borderline. HE will NOT do an IUI with more than three. It also depends upon E2 levels, ect.
  • Options
    My dr will do 3 or 4 for me due to our history of failed IUIs but I was just talking to a friend of mine and on her 4th iui she had 8 and still triggered!  They did have to meet with the dr to discuss selective reduction and sign a paper releasing the dr of liability.  Amazing that it was still a bfn for her...  (she later went on to get pg with IVF)
  • Options

I depends on many factors including age.  My first IUI cycle I had 12 follies and the Drs went ahead.  I am pushing 39 and they said that I am outside the risk age for higher order multiples. RE said that if I was younger they would have cancelled me in a heart beat.  Unfortualtly, it was a BFN cycle which really threw me.  THAT many follies and still a BFN? I realized right there it was going to be a long road.

• Options
    3-4 max...and I personally would not go ahead with more than 3.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"