Stay at Home Moms
Options

Need an appetizer idea for a BBQ

We are headed to a 30 birthday party bbq for my cousin this weekend and I need to bring an appetizer.  I feel like there is always the same things...chips/dip, veggies, fruit salad, cheese and crackers.  I'm trying to break the mold!  Any easy appetizer ideas?

TIA!

Re: Need an appetizer idea for a BBQ

• Options
    You could do mini pizzas, Trader Joe's sells a spicy mayo that you can put on sliced baguette with thin slices of roasted red peppers and london broil (my mom tasted it at one of their tastings - yummy!), mini quesadillas (sp?), mini burgers, guacamole or hummus dips, or roasted veggies with a sliced baguette.  Good luck!!!
  • Options

We call them Roll-Ups:

Take a large tortilla and smear it w/ chive or veggie cream cheese.  Then (in one layer) cover the tortilla with thinly sliced ham, roast beef or turkey.  Roll; it up, tightly.  Wrap w/ plastic wrap and refrigerate for a bit.  Then take the roll and cut in 1in slices (each slice will have a spiral of goodies.  We usually dip in rasperry chipotle sauce.  Mmmm and easy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I like Deviled Eggs :-)

or check out these ideas:

https://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Easy-Appetizers/Detail.aspx

• Options
    tomato, mozzarella, basil skewers? a crockpot of mini meatballs? crockpot of sliced kielbasa? guacamole? are there going to be kids there? you could do a twist on the fruit salad thing and put them all on skewers and have them sticking out of a watermelon or cantaloupe?
  • Options
    oh wait, just thought of more-but they involve being hot-so don't know if that's an option? what about pizza bread? or i don't know what to call them, but take refrigerated rolls (the kind that come in a can) and roll them a little, press them over the UNDERSIDE of a mini muffin tin, bake-then fill with whatever-sloppy joe mixture, taco mixture (ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, and a dollop of sour cream. i'll keep trying to think of more....
  • Options

sfl

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

It might be too late, but dh and I are known for 2 things: Weenie Surprise and our Tortilla Dip.

Weenie Surprise is simply hot dogs cut into 3rds and bacon strips cut in half...wrap each hot dog bite with a piece of bacon and hook w/ a toothpick...place into a deep baking pan and cover with a bag of brown sugar...bake 350 til brown sugar is melted and weenies are brown. They are DELICIOUS!!! Everyone in our family still thinks that we buy an expensive sausage....they have no idea that it's just hot dogs!

The other is even easier. Take a small baking dish, spead cream cheese on the bottom, pour in a jar of salsa, top with shredded chedder...bake until melted. Awesome tortilla dip!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"