Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

My husband is driving me nuts over nursery

I know he wants to be involved which is great but he knows NOTHING about matching crap. I had to listen to him and paint our living room red with a gold ceiling because he thought gold would be cool. Well it is not, but rather then fight to the death I conceded hoping in a couple of years he will get sick of the boldness of it all and repaint.. still waiting grr.

Now he is on me about the nursery paint colors. The bedding is brown/cream with dots in green/blue/yellows/tans. So I wanted a sage color for the walls. No. H doesn't like green. Blue... he agrees for a day, then l get a few paint samples (throwing a green in too) and he picks out one then changes his mind 2 days later. He wants a lighter shade now or yellow.

I don't want a yellow room - no. So now I have to go back to home depot and get a few more paint samples of lighter shades of blue. The are going to think I am nuts since I have been there for 2 weeks now getting paint chips and samples  of every shade on EARTH.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view

Re: My husband is driving me nuts over nursery

• Options
    It doesn't sound like he is involved, it sounds like he is making all the decisions.  Who cares if he wants blue?  Bring home the paint sample cards that you are sure match and look good and let him choose from those so he feels like he is still involved.  If he gets all bent out of shape, tell him you let him pick the colors in the l/r.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hear ya. It can be frustrating.

Perhaps just a neutral color he would be willing to go for since you guys can't seem to come to a happy medium on color? And then use a combo of green and blue for accessories?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAfterAll:
    It doesn't sound like he is involved, it sounds like he is making all the decisions.  Who cares if he wants blue? 

This! And I would also tell him: "Honey, you decided on the hideous gold ceiling and now I decide what colour the walls of the nursery will be. End of discussion!" Say it calmly and smile!! :))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with the pp - I would bring home the samples of the colors you like/want, different shades of sage... show him and say something like "ok, after all the comparing, searching and frustration of trying to select the best color, here are the final choices".... if he gives any lip, just tell him that the nursey decor/coloring is your project - afterall, he chose the living room, right?!  Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This may sound a bit mean, but my husband is the same way with not knowing a lot about decorating or matching colors and stuff.  So what I personally would do would be to pick out the color I liked and wanted in the room.  I would go and buy 2 gallons of it and all of the paint supplies you need and bring it home and tell him to paint. 

Blame it on your pregnancy hormones if you have to.  But don't let him talk you into a color you're going to end up hating in the baby's room.  You're going to (probably) end up being the one who spends the most time in there with the baby.  So you're the one who needs to be happy with the paint.  If walking into the baby's room makes you mad and frustrated every time you do it because of the paint color your baby is going to sense that and end up starting to fuss more and you'll be the one who has to deal with that too.  Save yourself a whole lot of trouble with that and just go ahead and pick the paint out and buy it yourself and make him live with it and deal with it like you are the family room paint colors.  HTH! and GOOD LUCK!!! :)

• Options
    I feel you on this one... we haven't done much with a nursery yet since we don't know the gener for two weeks, but everything that i have shown him-- he hates. it is going to be a huge pain when we have to decide because he will try and veto it all.  I agree with the above posts...choose 2 you like and say "pick one"! and thats that.  good luck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does an outside opinion help??? I don't know where you got your bedding, but if it is available on www.babysupermall.com they give paint color suggestions.  My DH is normally open to "expert opinions."  Not sure if that helps you.  GL!!!
  • Options
    I guess I should be glad that DH "doesn't get" why it matters what colors things are and is just letting me pick everything! LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"