Adoption

Thanks to you all

I've posted here a few times, not sure if anyone remembers. I'm a social worker and conduct child abuse investigations. I am SO frustrated with so many families right now. I was helping a coworker detain a place a newborn this week, mom's 5th, all positive for meth, all in custody/ adopted. One of the phenominal adoptive mothers of one of the older sibs is willing to take in this baby as well, who will be fast-tracked to adoption. ?Just, thank you all for being willing to take in our kids. Bless you all. These kids deserve a chance. We want parents to be good parents, we want them to get it together, but, god, some of these parents are just awful. So, that is all.?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thanks to you all

• I just wanted to say that you should stick around.  Please don't take our silence as anything.  Today's just a slow day, and...many of us are just somewhat uncomfortable at being thanked for the way we chose to build our families.

The work you do is so important and valuable.  If it weren't for people like you, there would be many children living in horrible situations.  Thank you for all you do to help the little ones.  I know it's not easy work.

I'm sure you'd be able to bring a unique perspective to this board.  Please do stick around.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"