Illinois Babies

Mommy group-NW suburbs

I need to get to know some other mommies! My girlfriends who live nearby don't have children. The only one who does lives up near the Wisconsin border. Anyone know of any groups? TIA!

Re: Mommy group-NW suburbs

• Check out meetup.com
  • We're moving to the area in the next few weeks and I've tried a few meetup.com groups but haven't heard back from most of them. I plan to try Gymboree/Little Gym when we move to meet people.

• Loading the player...
  •   Northwest community hospital has a mom/baby group that meets on Tuesdays mornings.  Totally relaxed and a great way to meet moms. Meets in arlington heights.  Not sure if that is where you are able to go, but it really is a great way to meet moms.  email me if you need more info:

flyinhighsteph@yahoo.com 

• NCH also has prenatal classes (water aerobics, yoga) through the wellness center.  I think they have parent/child classes too.

If you're already a Mom, I recommend looking into some activities through your local park district.  We finally started meeting other parents when our oldest started pre-school because you see the same parents every day.  Especially in the Spring and Fall when it's nice enough to sit at the playground after a class and let the kids play while you converse.  Even with tiny ones there are classes for them with and without parents.  Those are good places to meet other parents.

And if your kids are in school JOIN THE PTA.  Even if you don't have a lot of time to volunteer, just showing up for the occasional monthly meeting you will meet tons of parents and you'll have a much better idea what is actually going on at your kids' school.

Keep those out of town friends, though.  You'll be glad of them come school fundraiser time ;-)  Plus, as non-parents, they can give you a good dose of adult reality once in a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"