Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Paint color suggestions?

We are doing a boy's nursery with the PBK Transportation bedding (https://www.potterybarnkids.com/pkimgs/ab/images/p2/products/200934/0005/img52m.jpg)  We are also using espresso furniture.  The room has white crown molding, baseboards, and chair rail and we have light cream carpet.  Any suggestions for paint colors?  We are considering (1) two shades of blue to coordinate with bedding, with the darker color below chair rail; (2) one shade of blue on all walls; (3) ????? something else.  Any suggestions?  I am so not a creative person.

TIA!

Re: Paint color suggestions?

• Options

What about doing a light green below chair rail and then a blue above and then you could create a scene.  Put some clouds on the blue part and do some balloon wall decals up there to match the bedding and then you could put a road through the green part and have a car driving on the road or something.  Not sure how much work you want to put into it, but that's just an idea. 

My thoughts about the blue(s) would be that the 2 shades of blue would be better than just doing one shade.  But I think doing a sponge paint with the lighter blue on top would look really cute also.  It would give the walls a little texture and be a different way of doing the 2 colors.  

• Options
    If you're a practical kind of person, consider using a neutral shade above the chair rail and maybe do a shade of blue or green below.  Then you will have much less to repaint in a few years, and the room will still be cute for your baby.  To dress up the top half of the wall, check out the huge variety of vinyl letters and artwork you can remove later on.  I found some on etsy and another site that someone posted on here awhile back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Blue on the bottom of the chair rail (Benjamin Moore - yarmoth Blue is nice it's code HC150) and then on the top a cream or beigy color.  You can also do solid on the top and stripes on the bottom.  My dad was going to do two shades of blue in their basement, but i pushed him to do a blue and a tan r cream color and it looks fantastic.  Just dont pick a cream that has a yellow hue to it.  It would look funny.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"