Pregnant after 35
Options

PayPal Users

I hvae never used PayPal. Is it really safer than just paying for something with your credit card or is it more beneficial to the seller? I'm skeptical about it.

Re: PayPal Users

• Options
    I always use PayPal when I'm buying anything on eBay.  I've never had any problems and you are always protected in case something goes wrong. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not purchasing it on ebay.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never had any issues with PayPal. I think it is just as beneficial to the buyer for ease of payment and providing proof of payment.
  • Options

The primary reason Paypal is considered safer is because it can be used with a number of merchants online so that instead of sharing your credit card information with each merchant, only Paypal has that information. The fewer companies that have your information, the safer you are likely to be when merchants like TJX Corp or Best Buy get hacked.  

Logically, it is also safer because credit information is its business, so it is less likely to be hacked into or lost in the first place. 

I am treasurer for a site that uses Paypal and from the payee's perspective the benefit is that the transactions are transparent. As a result it is very easy to manage which makes for quick resolutions when a refund is needed or I need to look at the transaction to see if there was a delivery or user error.

• Options

imageHappeewife:
    I'm not purchasing it on ebay.

Sorry, just meant that's the only time I use PayPal. 

• Options
    I use PayPal a lot and for the most part love it.  However, I would not recommend sending large amounts of money via PayPal.  They are nosey, and I have had them freeze my account (with said money in it) until I could give them an explanation.  That being said, the customer service is fairly easy to deal with, and I had it resolved in about a week.
  • Options
    As a buyer Paypal is great and has a lot of protectections built in- as a seller it kinda bites because they almost always take the sellers side, even if you have proof of shipping!
  • Options

I have been using paypal for 6 years for ebay and for any purchase that offers it. Even if I am paying a private person I still use it. I also have a business account with them. It is way more safe than just using your credit cards on every site you wish to shop at. I finally got my sister to sign up too and she is happy she used it on this last purchase on ebay, it was insured and she got her money from paypal even though they could not track down the sellers of the bad dvd players. We are pleased with paypal. :)

EDD 9-1-09  ANXIOUS FOR HER TO GET HERE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"