Blended Families
Options

Having a horribe day - non-BF

My Dad died two years ago (his birthday was yesterday and mine is Saturday so the date really stands out.)  I am a very logical and non-emotional person so I usually get through thinking about my Dad with the good memories and handled today fairly well, even going to he cemetery.  But I woke up with a slight stiff neck and dull headache and by the night had enough of today and just needed the kids to be in bed.  DS drinks milk before bed and was taking FOREVER to drink the half glass I gave him and DD was crying b/c she was tired and needed her bottle and crib so I told DS I would be right back, I am feeding DD and to stay in his room and finish his milk.  He whined the whole time, distracting DD so she did not finish her bottle (she drank horrible today).  I put DD down and DS still has not drank anymore, she is sucking it but not swallowing!  I was short on nerves so I told him he was done and he flipped out, crying and spilling milk out of his mouth.  I kind of lost it on him (raised my voice but he is only 2 so that is SOOOO not cool) and told him I would be back and left the room to cool down, DD started crying and DS was hysterical.  I felt horrible, I apologized profusely and read him an extra book, "Mommy Hugs".  I just feel so bad b/c he is just a toddler and has no idea why I need a break or whyCrying
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Having a horribe day - non-BF

• Options
    I'm sorry, we all have days like that.  (((hugs)))  Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Options
    Oh sweets, I am sorry you are having a rough day. Lots of hugs to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Awww - I am so sorry.  We've all been there - don't beat yourself up about it.

(((Hugs))) 

• Options

TONS OF HUGS HEADED YOUR WAY!!!!!  Right Hug

It's very normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes.  Hang in there.

• Options

Yeah, I had your day last night too. I had to put myself on a time out cause I was about to loose it trying to get twin 2yr olds in bed. Just a side note: your 2 year knows his behavior (whining, spilling/spitting milk etc..) is unacceptable. THey are smarter than we think and they play us at bed time on a regular basis. So we have to get our frustration/anger in check but we shouldn't put up with any junk either.

When my twins start up with that stuff, they know I don't play. The milk goes away (they also get a sippy cup of milk before bed) and everyone's in bed! No story or drawn out good nights. In bed-lights out! They are now starting to learn that that behavior gets them in bed real quick and they get their acts together real quick when I give the warning.

Ahhhh the joys of motherhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"