Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Looking for free/cheap things to do in/around Plano.

Times are tough.  We recently moved because we needed a bigger place with the baby coming.  Our expenses have gone up, far more than what we anticipated.  I hate putting on the TV for the boys and it's still hot as Hades outside so playing in the backyard has become rare.  I am looking for free or nearly free things to do with the kids. 

I've my youngest set up at story time at the library and there's actually a lot that the library has to offer.  Reading is so important, but I am looking for something more.  Something that I can do with both the kids.  I hate just sitting at home with nothing to do simply because we're trying to be conservative with our money right now.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Willing to check out things in Frisco, Allen and McKinney.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Looking for free/cheap things to do in/around Plano.

• There are lots of parks in the Plano and Frisco area. It's been cooler in the mornings so you could always go right after breakfast until right before lunch. That's what we've been doing. Also, I was writing in another post that there is a Pump it Up in Plano that's just for tots. It's pretty inexpensive (maybe like $6 a child and parents get in free, I know siblings are cheaper than 6. not sure though).

Have you tried like finger painting projects with your LO? That's a good indoor activity. We've done tons of projects, and especially before Avery (DD2) arrived. It was something to do. GL and congrats on #2! :)

• Have you tried using www.guidelive.com?  I find a lot of free/almost free things to do every weekend by using that site. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"