Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Picture People vs. Sears vs. JCPenney?

Which do you prefer and why?  Is one more expensive than the other in general?  I've only had pictures done at Portrait Innovations so far, but that is near my parents and I would like to try somewhere near us this time. 

Any suggestions?  Also, if you had 6 month pics done, did you do any with you and DH as well as LO or did you just have pics done of LO?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Picture People vs. Sears vs. JCPenney?

• Options

Just LO.

Thus far:

PP- twice, at 4.5 months with his cousins, and 6.5 months

JCPenney- once, at 3 months

Kandid Kiddies- almost 7 months

JCPenney- very long late even though had app't. Didn't care for the photographer, quality okay, price- good, took a few weeks to come in, we had to go back to get them.

PP- loved the experience, great photos, however, few pictures looked "staged," one in particular reminds me of a "Glamour Shot." KWIM?, get them right then.

Kiddie Kandids- DS was with me at BRU, photographer asked me to have DSs picture taken, gave us a free 5x7. Very natural looking and get them right then. DH liked them better than the PP ones.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

I took DS to Sears, and was not very impressed.  I think it had more to do with the employees being morons.  They also tried to sell me the $400 picture package...no.  I got the 7.99 package, and 2 extra 8x10s for grandparents, and since I was misquoted a price, walked out paying $26!  And I had to wait a week for the prints, and when I went to pick them up, there were extras that they tried to sell me (I didn't take them), so where do they go?  What a waste.  I doubt we will go there again.

Oh yeah, and there was one pose that we never even got to see!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have done JCP 2x so far and really like it.  Of course the photog is never really any good, but I think you're pretty much going to get that at any of these places.

We got 2 8x10's, a bunch of 5x7s, 8 4x3's and 3 sheets of wallets for under $30 (using a coupon from online).   I did have some pics taken at 6m of me and DD and there was no additional sitting fee (and we didn't have to join a "club" or anything like that). Great thing about JCP is there is no limit to the number of poses you can use.

So I like JCP. I think it's a little better than Sears, and a lot cheaper than Picture People where IMO they are very aggressive about trying to upsell you to more expensive options, frames, "clubs" etc.

• Options
    I love JCP. You cant beat the price, 4.99/sheet, as many poses and sizes as you want. The photographers are always great with DS.I am not into one pose pkg for 7.99 at Sears. DS is too cute for 1 pose! I do not have KK,PP or Portrait Innovations near me, but have heard great things about PI from a friend.
  • Options
    We do ours' ourselves (we have done some photography on the side), and I find that I like those best. You can always copycat a pose from a professional, and your lo tends to cooperate more, because you are at home etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"