Detroit Babies
Options

nursing in public

Hello Ladies,

Do you know if Lakeside Mall or Partridge Creek has a designated area for breastfeeding or if any stores in this area have private rooms for nursing?

It's our third anniversary tomorrow and I really won't to run out and get something for my hubby but my 3 week old is on 2-3 hour feeding schedule and I haven't tried bottle yet. Also, I do not have one of those "cover ups", I guess I could use a big scarf/pashmina, cover myself and feed him anywhere? Since I haven't done this before, I just don't feel comfortable feeding him like that, I know I would accidentaly expose myself and God forbid someone sees my booby:-)

Why are people so freaked out with breastfeeding?

Re: nursing in public

• Options

I should spell check before posting:-)

I want to run out instead off "won't"

• Options

I just used a regular dressing room at a store that didn't have an attendant, like Macy's, Sears, JcPenny.  I also think that motherhood lets you as well.

Another thing I did was nurse in the car.  I was never good a nursing in public, so I got real good at figuring out other places to nurse.  My car normally ended up being the best option.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Partridge Creek public restrooms aren't that bad either ... or even the outdoor seating areas at Partridge Creek, if you brought a small throw blanket with you to drape around yourself/Max?

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

Thank you for your suggestions!

I never though of using just a regular fitting room, I think that will work just fine. I have to get used to using throw blanket to cover ourselves, eventually I'll get the hang of it.

• Options
    For the future, try one of the nursing tops from motherwear.com (they have some great clearance right now, too!).  Practice latching the baby in front of a mirror, and nobody will notice even a little that you are nursing.  I  nursed both of my kids all over Lakeside and Great Lakes Crossing just in the public seating areas, and nobody noticed. With a good nursing top, you definately don't need a cover (many babies don't like the covers anyway!).  Another helpful tool is a ring sling.  You can nurse in a sling, especially with a nursing top or a belly band on and nobody is the wiser!
  • Options
    Many family restrooms had places for to sit for nursing mothers, I can't remember off hand if partridge does but there are many places to sit.
  • Options

Thank you ladies!

FYI - Nordstrom has a Mothers Lounge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"