South Florida Babies
Options

Update - 20 Week U/S Showed Cyst on Brain - Horrible Doctor in Plantation!

Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and for all of the "what an @)$(*#$ doctor!" comments.  All of your posts made me feel so much better!

I wanted to share a quick update.  I went on Friday to a new perinatologist at Premiere Perinatal in Fort Lauderdale.  They are WONDERFUL!  The doctor was the polar opposite of Dr. Abramovici.  He was so great.  He let me know that these cysts are "totally normal" and "common" and that while they can be indicators of a problem, they are usually not.  And, they are accompanied by other symptoms when there is a problem.  Our baby did not present any other symptoms during the visit.  He performed perfectly (I had my eyes closed and was begging him to do everything well!) in terms of opening his hands, waving, measurements, etc. 

According to this doctor, I should not have been treated that way, spoken to that way, and Dr. Abramovici never should've mentioned abortion or recommended an amnio.  This doctor said that if I was his sister, he would tell me to not have the amnio, go home, rest, relax and that the cysts would most likely just disappear.  When he said that, I started bawling, so now he probably thinks I'm crazy.  :)

Anyway, my next appointment at Premiere is October 2nd.  They wanted to wait 6 weeks to see if the cyst is gone.  PLEASE cross your fingers, toes, etc. that it is.  While I understand that it may never go away and that just because it's there, that doesn't mean anything...I'm still worried in the back of my mind and want for it to just go away!

Thanks again to you all.  Happy and healthy thoughts for all of you, your friends and families.

Re: Update - 20 Week U/S Showed Cyst on Brain - Horrible Doctor in Plantation!

• Options

Fingers crossed girly!! It sounds like everything will be ok!! :)

• Options
    That's Dr. Lowe...right? We saw him...he's great! Good luck...keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you had such a different experience this time around and that that you actually got some positive news.  Good luck and please keep us posted :)
    image image

• Options

So glad to hear everything went well! Here's hoping everything goes well in 6 weeks! Let us know how it goes!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    so glad you had a better experience!! keep us updated on your situation!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Options
    Fingers crossed that the good news keeps rolling in!!!! Sounds like things are looking up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sounds much better.  I'm glad you got a doctor that cares this time.

Lots of prayers and good thoughts for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"