Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Birthday Party Poll

After Ella Claire's enormous 1st birthday this last weekend, I have a poll. 

1) How many people do you think is reasonable to have at a birthday party?

2) What is reasonable to spend on a birthday party?

3)  When does a birthday party become over the top?

4) Do you get frustrated when you go to a birthday party for a friend's child and you feel that they've gone over the top? Do you feel that makes the expectation too high for you? 

Re: Birthday Party Poll

• Options

I will skew the demographics in the favor of over the top.

1. We had about 65 people at DD's first birthday. We have a lot of close friends and family and it was outside at my parent's house. They live in the Hill Country in the middle of nowhere on 5 acres, so there was plenty of room. I think anything from immediate family to 200 is cool. Whatever blows your skirt up.

2. It's reasonable to spend what you can afford without being unable to pay for other more important things like your mortgage and electricity.

3. When it isn't fun anymore.

4. No, more power to them. I have had a lot of fun at backyard bbq parties and elaborate parties alike. I think the company is what sets the tone.

I'm sure that some would find DD's party a little much, but she had a blast, we had a blast, and everyone else seemed to as well. I don't regret any of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. Whatever you can comfortabley fit at the location.  We had about 20-25 people at DS birthday party. Now we do not live near any family, if we were still in NJ that number would have more that doubled. 

2.  What ever you can afford.  I tried not to go too crazy and bought things on sale and such.  We had the party at our house so we really spent the most on food. 

3.  It becomes over the top when you can't handle it anymore and it is no longer fun, but a hassle. 

4.  Nope, I don't care.. what works from someone else may not work for me and vice versa.  As long as everyone is enjoying themselves that was all that matter to me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1) How many people do you think is reasonable to have at a birthday party? Whatever works for you. We had 50 and this was all close family and our bestest friends. It was cramped but all so worth it.

2) What is reasonable to spend on a birthday party? I don't think there is a set cost as long as you are not going broke from the party.

3)  When does a birthday party become over the top? Not sure but then my definition of over the top is probably less than others, ha! I tend to always do things over the top according to my DH :)

4) Do you get frustrated when you go to a birthday party for a friend's child and you feel that they've gone over the top? Do you feel that makes the expectation too high for you? Nope not at all.

Sophia Kate 3.31.08 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I did a big party for Aidans first, and thought it was great, and for his 2nd we will be in TX so I am super excited for a small intimate just us party.  I think either can be great, and as long as your not breaking the bank, more power to you on how many/how much.

I like all kinds of partys :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"