North Florida Babies
Options

How excited am I?!!

Hey guys, I am a newbie to the site, and for a while I was thinking that there was no N FL board. Why is there no marker on the big map for it?
I am sort of in Jax (Starke), my DH works there, and we are hoping by the end of the year to be in Jax (fingers crossed).
I am so excited to be able to just write it out in space that we are officially TTC!! Can't tell anyone close yet, but I just needed to get it out there Big Smile

BTW, I was wondering if anyone knew any nice OBs in Jax? Still TTC, but I might as well start my search (the one I have is in Gainesville, and since as we are moving I wanted someone in Jax). 

Hugs everyone!! Hoping to be chatting to some of you soon :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How excited am I?!!

• Options
    I have family in Starke! I'm in Orange Park, and I go to North Florida OB/GYN. They have 2 different offices that are near me. There's one in Fleming Island and one here in Orange Park off of Kingsley Ave. They are both nice offices, but, although the OP office is closer to me, I prefer going to the FI one. It's newer and larger. My doctor is Dr. Eric Edelenbos. He's AMAZING. I was going to Dr. Lin for regular gynecology, but I had some lady problems and he never tested me! So I switched to Dr. E and he did many diagnostic tests to figure out my case. But, then we found out we are pregnant so we kind of stopped trying to figure out whether I can have babies or not, because DING DING DING, obviously, I can! lol. =) I wish you the best of luck!! And if you go on to North Fl Ob's website, you can read up on all of the doctors. I hear that Dr. Shah and Dr. Powers are both amazing too. But I'm sticking with mydoc, because I'm VERY comfortable with him! Again, I wish you and your DH the best of luck trying to conceive!!
  • Options

Thanks for the great info. I will check out the North FL site.So good to be talking to some one and not my self on this thing! :)

DH's parents have been living here for about 15 years. His step-dad is the minister at the Presbyterian church here. They know everyone, we know no one :)

Congrats on your baby! I can't wait for my BFP. I am hoping there is no problems because we have not been trying, but not preventing either, and in 3 years we have had no accidents. Now that we have said that we are really trying, I keep wondering where the hell is my accident :).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! =) Ya, I've been living here my whole life, and I'm ready to get the heck out! lol. We weren't planning on having any babies right now, at least not til I'm done with school or married at that! And in January my doc told me it was going to be hard to conceive! Well, in March we got engaged and come Easter I found out I was pregnant! lol. We also, obviously, weren't preventing anything either though. Especially after my dr said it was going to be hard! lol. But don't worry, it will happen when it's the perfect time! Hopefully, at least. Mine kinda hit me at the wrong time, but I wouldn't take this experience back for anything! Have you started taking prenatals?
  • Options

We moved here from Melbourne (before that Fort Lauderdale), so I am really ready to be out of Starke. I will settle for a publix, a book store, and a starbucks if they ever put one in!
    Yeah I have been taking prenatals. I always took them even before we started trying. I used to be anemic, so I needed all the iron I could get without taking separate iron pills. Figured if it is good enough for trying, it should be good enough for all the time :)
    It's never been the right time for us. Something is always in the way. Our friends kept on telling us not to wait, but we were, and things never seemed to get in place. So I guess we are trying it this way and see if this is the way it was meant to happen for us :).
    You mentioned that you go to school, where do you go?
    Is it ok if I add you as a friend on the bump?

• Options

Welcome! 

Dr. Shah delivered my cousins babies and she loved him :)

I also use North Florida OB/GYN, but I go to the office that is connected to Baptist South, with doctors Paulk, Connor, Greenwald, Greenhaw and VanBennekom - they recently added a new OB, I haven't met her yet though.  Dr. Greenhaw delivered my son and I absolutely adore him :)

Good luck TTC - hopefully we'll be starting TTC #2 in the not-too-distant future :)

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Thanks Kristin! :)

I just chedked to see if any of those doctors are on my providers list and they are. I will make a note of the nice one :).

I hope TTC#2 will be in our distant future too. 

• Options

Ditto Kristin's post.  I go to the same office.  I think I ended up seeing most of the doctors in that office, although I may have missed one (or two).  I delivered my baby early so didn't get to the end of the pregnancy.

• Options

Did you like the staff Mrs VeeVee?

BTW Congrats on your little miracle Big Smile

• Options
    Welcome and GL to you on TTC!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"