South Florida Babies
Options

update on my uncle

Turns out he has AML which is, I guess for all intents and purposes, one of the "better" cancers to get.  He's in the hospital now, they admitted him to Sylvester right away, and started chemo yesterday.  He'll be there for 4 weeks.  My cousin left for college today (she's at ucf) and she STILL doesn't know.  I'm furious about this, but it's not my place to get involved.  She came over Thursday to talk about how depressed she's been and how hard it's been away at college, how she hates that her brother isn't there for her when she needs him, etc... and she's pissed because she didn't get to see her dad before she left.  She has no idea why he couldn't say goodbye to her today.  I'm really hoping that once she finds out about all this, it doesn't crush her.  she started some anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds about a month ago and she's starting to get a bit better... I'm just worried about her well-being and ability to cope with all this.

Anyway, I appreciate all your prayer... sorry this was more of an update on my cousin, but I think she needs prayers and lots of good vibes her way.  she's a good kid, she's just been through so much these last 19 years.

Re: update on my uncle

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"