Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

What's more accurate? Cervical Mucus or OPK?

I am sooo confused! I used the OPK and never really got a result line as dark as the control line. The darkest it got was 6days ago so I figured I ovulated then...but today I checked my cervical mucus and it was the slippery, egg whites style! The OPK today was very, very faint. Both attempts were within my projected ovulation period since my cycles can be from 30-36 days. Is it possible the OPK was wrong? Or does the mucus never lie? Help!

Re: What's more accurate? Cervical Mucus or OPK?

• Options
    I'd say trust the cm over the opk. 
    DS is going to be a big brother! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What gets me is the box says the OPK is 99% accurate.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    have you started temping? that will tell you after you've O'd but it may help to figure out when you got a +OPK and match up w/ CM to give you a better idea.
  • Options
    I would trust the CM, probably. I never got a positive OPK when we were TTC. It's pretty easy to miss your LH surge if you don't hold your pee long enough. Either way, you should continue to have sex just in case you are O'ing now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Keep in mind that the only way to confirm ovulation is by charting your temperature.  You can get a positive OPK and not ovulate - your body may shut the process down due to stress, illness, etc. and then begin the process again so that you ovulate later.  You can also get patches of fertile CM after ovulation.

Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? This is the TTC bible.  Are you charting your temperature?  Go to www.fertilityfriend.com and read up.  It has so much helpful information.  Good luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know I always hear to trust CM, but I never trust mine. Once I get a + OPK then I O, but I can have EWCM for weeks without Oing. So, I check CM and use OPK's.
  • Options

Hubby is in Vegas so today was my last shot. :-( Hopefully, it was enough.

• Options
    The only clear way of knowing if you O is to chart your temperature...I just started charting because I never get a positive OPK!  It annoys the crap out of me but I hear there are lots of things that can hinder getting a + OPK.  I would definitely watch the CM if you don't get a true + OPK.  At least that's what TCOYF recommends!
  • Options
    you haven't gotten a + yet so i don't think the darkness of the lines means anything. i wouldn't even start using the opks until you are getting ewcm [as long as you get enough to be able to tell].
  • Options
    I trust CM over OPKs ANY day. It's way more accurate and specific in my opinion. If I didn't produce much CM however, I would definitely use OPKs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"