Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Add me to the sad/crying/hurt mommas...

DD has a HORRIBLE diaper rash and when I changed her diaper (wiping the poop) she screamed and then did the no breathing thing. I thought I was being gentle but apparently not. I seriously thought she was having a seizure! She went completely stiff, turned bright red and her eyes were rolling back in her head. Finally she exhaled with a huge cry and did not stop while I slathered her in desitin and diapered here. I was BAWLING by the time I was done and I dont usually cry when she gets hurt. It was horrific. She was screaming and writhing like I was murdering her. I felt sick to my stomach.  I felt like a barbarian inflicting torture on the poor thing.

Her tush is wrecked! I am sick of this. She has a bad diaper rash at least once a week. What am I doing wrong? Daycare takes good care of her so I dont think they are the problem.

Re: Add me to the sad/crying/hurt mommas...

• Options
    Bless her heart :( I'm so sorry that sucks, been there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeast infection?  Those are the only rashes that send Addy into hysterics.  I use Lotrimin on it and it clears it up.  You can get it at any store where they sell jock itch or athlete's foot creme.

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the Latramin AF idea, we've had to use it twice and it clears everything right up.  We also use Aquaphor at diaper changes ILO Desitin, not sure if that would help, but i think it's less annoying (i hate trying to get Desitin off my fingers, lol)  ::big hugs:: Hope A feels better before her party!!
  • Options

Poor baby's tush. Poor mommy feeling guilty for trying to fix said baby's tush.

Does she have sensitive skin in general?

• Options
    :(  thats so sad... poor thing.
  • Options
    We are going through the same thing right now. Fingers crossed so far this week no diaper rash. We have stopped fruit such as pineapple and manderian (sp?) oranges, so far so good. His diaper rash was so bad the only way to change him was to put him in the bathtub and wash him each time he has a BM diaper to keep him from screaming. Then doing a layer of Desitin, Aquaphor, topped off with powder. Very messy, but it works.
  • Options

I did put on some Lotriman (sp) - I have it in the house because this is not her first time to have this sh!t.

Avery - she had very senstive skin when she was newborn but since about 4 months she has been fine. Started having these horrific rashes around 10 months. I would hate to cut our her fruit since that is her favorite thing in the whole world but I may have to for awhile.

I feel like a monster when I change her. I have tried warm washcloth just dabbed on her tush, dipping her in the tub, etc. She screams like I am murdering her. :(

Luckily she called down and went to bed at normal time. I am just dreading the morning diaper change if this didnt clear up. Cross your fingers!

• Options
    imagekljs1978:
    We are going through the same thing right now. Fingers crossed so far this week no diaper rash. We have stopped fruit such as pineapple and manderian (sp?) oranges, so far so good. His diaper rash was so bad the only way to change him was to put him in the bathtub and wash him each time he has a BM diaper to keep him from screaming. Then doing a layer of Desitin, Aquaphor, topped off with powder. Very messy, but it works.
    this really works. I tried DS on yogurt a few weeks ago and he had a horrible diaper rash and was bleeding. I only did the desitin and aquaphor (we didn't have powder) and it was gone in a few changes. The aquaphor makes everything repel from their skin. It wouldn't hurt to try it. I wouldn't necessary cut out all fruits, just acidic ones. I hope she feels better soon. I hate that feeling.
  • Options

Maybe she'd developed an allergic reaction to the brand of diapers you've been using?

That may sound dumb, but DS was in Pampers Swaddlers and Sensitive at the hospital and for a few weeks after we came home......All of a sudden got diaper rash super bad. ?Took us about a week and my mom's suggestion to switch diaper brands, we did and all is well. ?We had a ton of Pampers brand diapers as gifts, so around 3-4 months we tried a couple of times again...within hours he was broken out in what appeared to be diaper rash.....went back to our other brand, he was fine, everything cleared up.

?

That's probably not it, but thought I might at least put it out there.

Bless you heart and all of us "bawling-Mama's" lately. ?Seeing our babies in pain is excruciating.?

• Options
    :( I'm sorry. I wish I had some other suggestions, but I don't. I'm sure we'll go through this one day, too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everybody, she was alot better (still red but not so painful) this morning.
  • Options
    Poor baby. Caleb has very sensitive skin and when he was in diapers, he had a rash all the time. Cloth diapers were a life saver during those times.
  • Options

I'm sorry :(

This is pretty much exactly what I was freaking out about last week minus the rash. Now she is fine with diaper changes again. No idea what that was about.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, it sucks to see your little one in pain.  Aiden had a rash every week, to the point of bleeding.  When we switched to cloth diapers it was the only thing that helped.  :(
  • Options

Poor baby girl :( I know how you feel. K has super sensitive skin and even with the cloth diapers he still gets bad rashes from time to time due to food sensitivities. I finally figured out that the watermelon he was consuming in massive quantities was causing most of it. We cut that out to only one serving a day, at most, and cut a lot of other fruit too. I hate to do that because he loves fruit but it's so terrible when he gets a rash. His can bleed when you wipe.

Once we made the mistake of wiping him with some disposable wipes and he acted almost the same way you described. We only do washcloths with water now. We also had a lot of luck with Aquaphor and when it got really bad his pedi had a compound rash cream made for him that cleared it up right away. Have you thought about making an appt. for her? A prescription cream could be what she needs. 

• Options
    My kids have NEVER had a diaper rash. I mean never. I'm not sure if it's good skin and genes but we ALWAYS put baby powder after every change. Splash on the tush and goods and splash in the diaper. I mean when you think about it, it's constantly exposed to moisture and the powder helps. When it clears up, see if that will do the trick. It's worked wonders on my kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"