Baby Showers
Options

no wrapping paper necessary

I know I've seen this before... but I can't remember the wording...

How can you invite (not insist) that guests bring unwrapped presents? I've been to a couple eco-friendly showers that encouraged upwrapped presents, but I cannot remember how that was specifed on the invitation. 

I know some prefer traditional showers where gift opening is the main event. However, the eco-friendly / no wrapping paper / display showers that I have attended were great and the guests didn't seem to mind. This also allowed the guest of honor to thoroughly apprecitate each guests' attendance with time for conversation and genuine thank yous.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: no wrapping paper necessary

• Options
    Sorry...I have no suggestions for you.  I would always wrap the gift...that is part of the fun for me.  If no wrapping "paper" I would use a receiving blanket or put the gift in a diaper bag, baby bathtub, etc. but I would still wrap it with something!  lol
  • Options

i haven't seen this before, but i googled it and found this stuff (i love the idea!)

https://planetgreen.discovery.com/home-garden/throw-an-ecofriendly-baby-show.html

i couldn't find much about wording though. sorry.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We threw my SIL a "green" shower, so it was already in the rest of the theme too. Most people still wrapped their gifts in a blanket, sheets, towel, or something else to have fun with it. Sorry, no real help on the wording though.
  • Options

imagehopefulmom:
    Sorry...I have no suggestions for you.  I would always wrap the gift...that is part of the fun for me.  If no wrapping "paper" I would use a receiving blanket or put the gift in a diaper bag, baby bathtub, etc. but I would still wrap it with something!  lol

I would do the same.  Also I love getting gift bags - they can be reused over and over.  Or baskets - dress up the gift a little.

• Options
    I'm not sure if there is any wording you can use on the invite without it seeming rude. I think its a great idea t hough, and with other things like "i want gift cards" or "i dont need anymore clothes" really the only way to do it is through word of mouth from the hostess. She can kindly ask that presents not be wrapped when the individual calls to RSVP, and can just ask for other hosts to spread the word. good luck!
  • Options
    oh i love that idea!  i wish i read this before my invites were ordered
  • Options

My SIL did this for hers...it was something about bringing your gift unwrapped and "it will be displayed for all to see". 

She also had a little card that she had made with everyones name on it, and someone taped it to the gift once the person gave it to her since there was no official gift opening with someone writing down who gave what for thank yous.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you! If anyone else is interested there is this...

Feel free to save your wrapping this time around
    It's okay to bring your gift just as it was found
    If you choose this eco-friendly way
    We'll neatly place your gift on display

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Here's a couple of poems. HTH!

Poem 1

You know our girl she's a little bit shy
    Never wants to be the center of everyone's eye
    One little request that we hope you would grant
    Whether you're a friend, mother or aunt
    We can't wait to see you at the shower
    But please don't wrap gifts in more than a ribbon or flower
    However simple or silly it may seem
    Let's make this day for her a perfect dream
    Thank you all for your consideration
    (Name of mom-to-be) is going to love our celebration

Poem 2 (with this one you enclose a gift tag in the invitation)

Thank you for your indulgence, we don?t mean to nag
    But we have enclosed for you a nice big tag
    Please attach it to your unwrapped gift and fill in your name
    So everyone will know who it?s from, that is our aim
    There will be more tags when you arrive at the door
    Can?t wait to see you, we have lots of fun in store

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker First missed m/c = 1/30/08 Second missed m/c = 4/22/09 CJ born = 4/29/10 Courtney born = 7/22/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"