Illinois Babies

maternity clothes

Can anyone recommend somewhere (not Motherhood - somewhere where you can return items and get your money back) that has more than a 2-rack selection of affordable, non-granny looking maternity clothes? Including second-hand/consignment places. I am in the west 'burbs but will go anywhere in the city or northern burbs. I'm desperate!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: maternity clothes

• Good question!  I have been getting by with my own clothes or just buying larger sizes.  Old Navy's maternity section on their website has a much bigger selection then the store.  If you like Gap, they have a maternity section too on their website and a couple of their stores.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pea in the Pod, upper level, Woodfield Mall, next to Lord and Taylor
    AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • My work requires a more business dress code.  I got a few of my "staple" wardrobe items from JCPenney - black pants for work that pair well with a suit coat, black maternity pencil skirt, as well as a couple pairs of casual shorts, and a handful of tank tops.  But I think JCPenney can be hit or miss, and I haven't been there for a few months so I'm not sure how the Fall line looks.  Everything was really really affordable though, and the clothes from Penney's are holding up much better then some of the clothes I bought from Motherhood. 

For work shirts I had to spend a little more and bought from Pea in a Pod and Gap Maternity.  Just as an fyi - Macy's in Oak Brook and the Macy's on State Street have a really good maternity section and they carry the same Pea in a Pod line, only it is a bit cheaper and a better return policy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • When I was pg with DD I found alot of things at JCPenney and Target too! GL!
  • hi dib, I have found weekend clothes and dresses at Target.  Work wear at Macy's and some fun pieces at H&M (Woodfield).  
  • Ditto H&M... the Woodfield and Michigan Ave stores have a small maternity dept... I got some really cute and stylish pieces there that I love.
  • There is a consignment store in Schaumburg and Naperville called Clothes Mentor. I was just at the one in Naperville last night and they had a HUGE selection of maternity clothes!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see you are from Oak Park?  There is a maternity boutique next to Buzz Cafe on Harrison.
  • Kickin' Maternity in Roscoe Village is really nice...and Krista K has a nice online store and boutique downtown...when I ordered online my purchase arrived in about 2 days...amazing! duematernity.com has a nice selection too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"