Birth Stories

Kevin's Induction!

The morning of July 29th I had a doctor's appointment. My doctor decided that they would induce me both because of the size of the baby and my kidney being blocked off by the weight and pressure of the baby.

That night at 8 pm my husband dropped me off at the hospital for them to start my induction. At 11:45 they started the induction process with the cervical softeners. 

I then went to bed and fell asleep pretty fast. At about 4 am I woke up in pain. Went and talked to the midwife and she checked me. My cervix had not changed at all. Still siting at the 2 cms dilated I was when I arrived at the hospital. I then feel asleep in the labor and delivery room because my roommate (in Germany you don't get your own room) had her baby in the room and I couldn't sleep well. 

At 6 am I woke up still in pain but not nearly as bad. My cervix had softened a little more and they had decided that we were going to start the IV drop of antibiotics and  pitocin. I wanted to get up and walk around before they put the IV in so I asked the midwife if we could hold off starting the IV for another hour or so.

At about 7:30 they started my IV. I called my husband to make sure he was awake and getting my DD ready for school so that he would be on his way. At about 8am when they checked my cervix again I was dialated to 3 1/2 cms and the midwife broke my water. My husband arrived at the hospital abotu 30 minutes later.

At 9 am the midwife checked my cervix again and I was at 4 cms. When the midwife checked my cervix again at 9:45 I was at 6 cms. At this point the contractions were strong enough that I asked for something for the pain and the midwife informed us that my son would be here before lunch. At this point the contrations were strong enough for me to not really be able to get up and move around.

At  10:15 the midwife checked my cerivx again and I was 8 cms. The midwife suggested I kneel to try and get a little more confortable and to help the contractions.. She checked my cervix again and said with the next contraction I should be at 10 cms.

She was right with the next contraction I had a sudden urge to push. I told the midwife that he was coming. She got on the phone to tell the doctor to get there.  Then I pushed twice and Kevin Xavier was born at 10:24 am on July 30th. 

I held him for a little while and when they moved me to my room they took him to test his blood sugar and such.  They never broght him back to me becuase he was having trouble breathing. He was transfered to a differnet hospital the next day so that he could be in the NICU.

Re: Kevin's Induction!

• Oh My Goodness.. Update?
  • Kevin is at home now. He was in the ICU for 10 days before I signed him out against medical advice because he was left to sit in his own feces and pee for god knows how long. He was at this point there for just observation. I felt he was better off at home than in an ICU where he was not being properly taken care of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"