Parenting
Options

Difference between swim diapers and pull-ups?

I am going to my parents to swim withthe kids today.  We only have one swim diaper left.  If she poops in it (which usually happens), I have no more swim diapers to change her into.

I do have tons of pull ups.  What is the difference?  They feel the same to me.  They don't seem to have any of the gel stuff that  a regular diaper has.  Can I use a pull up?  Otherwise I have to drag two kids out of the car and into the store.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Difference between swim diapers and pull-ups?

• Options
    Pull Up's have gel because they are just like diapers.  Swim diapers hold in poop but not pee.  Sorry.
  • Options

Pull ups absorb water (ie. they will become HUGE and puffy like a diaper would).

Swim diapers don't hold in pee, only poop.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    and pullups swell up just like a diaper
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Options

Swim diapers are poop strainers. There is nothing absorbent about them.

PullUps are just basically diapers, and do have absorbent stuff in them.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks I figured I couldn't get away with it.  That would just be too easy!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

In my experience, pull ups swell, but not as much as diapers.  (DH has a hard time understanding the difference, and put the wrong ones on once or twice.  Made him kind of mad when he was holding her and she peed on him...through the swim diaper.  LOL)

• Options

There's no crime in letting them play/swim in a regular diaper for a little bit.  It'll swell and you'll take it off when they're done, not such a biggie.

If they are in for too long, it might burst and the gel could leak out, so keep an eye and change into a new pull up when it gets super swollen. 

• Options
    They are NOT interchangeable.  Pull-ups absorb a lot of liquid--once the pull-up gets wet in the pool, it's pretty much the same as attaching an anchor to your kid's butt.  I found that out the hard way.
  • Options
    imagednagal:

There's no crime in letting them play/swim in a regular diaper for a little bit.  It'll swell and you'll take it off when they're done, not such a biggie.

If they are in for too long, it might burst and the gel could leak out, so keep an eye and change into a new pull up when it gets super swollen. 

Please don't do this.   Fecal matter can make people very sick and it would get into the pool if you do not have a good swim diaper where it could easily get into your own children's mouths or the mouth's of others. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"