South Florida Babies
Options

Poll: Birthday Party TIMES

I am trying to figure out the best time to hold Sophia's birthday party. I am taking the heat into account. We are having a "splash fun" party in our yard. A part of me wants to have it at like 2pm because it should be less hot by then but I think most people won't come because they want to make plans on a Saturday night.

Oh and we are serving pizza for lunch/dinner/linner.....

Thanks in advance!

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: Birthday Party TIMES

• Options
    i had madys bday from 12-4...ive also attended parties that start from 11-3....that time range works really well for us on a saturday! have fun!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I said 11:30 b/c of Alexis' nap.  She naps at 2 or 2:30 so if it's in the middle of her nap time then she would be cranky later and I would have to leave early.  I think if you're planning on inviting a lot of kids around that age then you should take nap time into account.  Also I think it gets hotter later - no?  For me, for a kiddie party where I would take her, I would say earlier, but I know all kids nap at different times. 
    image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've attended parties at all times.  The only reason I would pick the 2 PM schedule is because of the heat.  Someone arrives 12/1 when the sun is at its strongest might be too much for the little ones.  Its such a compromise now with the heat!!!

• Options
    in my opinion earlier is always better...because of naps and heat. I would even say moving it up to 10 and having bagels could be a good idea :)
  • Options
    I've been to several parties at different times as well.  I think the 11am - 1pm/2pm or 12-3pm  is a good time.  It works well around nap time and doesn't cut into dinner. 
  • Options
    Noonish is a very reasonable time I think - not too early and not too late! I would take Sophia's nap time into consideration if she naps because she is the birthday girl after all. All kids nap at different times and it's hard to cater to everyone else's schedule.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I voted for the earlier time :) 
  • Options

imageGator09:
    in my opinion earlier is always better...because of naps and heat. I would even say moving it up to 10 and having bagels could be a good idea :)

ditto.  I also like to put the time on the invitation, so people know when is too late to show up (ie, when the party is ending is too late-LOL).  It also helps people know that you don't expect them to spend all day at your house/the park/wherever. I even heard of an invite that gave times for each activity, but that is a bit much for me--I am not that organized!

• Options

Hmmm. Now I am thinking 11am to 2pm might be the best time range. That way even the late arrivals are there in time for lunch and everyone is on their way home in time for naptime. I know family and close friends will stay longer but most people with smaller kids will head out by then.

THANK YOU for your input!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I also think the earlier the best in this case for the little ones. Here in Miami is so hot at any time....lol. With plenty of water and sunscreen they will have a blast. 

• Options

Nicky's party was at 11:00 this year for a couple of reasons.

1. It was outside and it was very hot so I figured earlier in the day was best.

2. It was a pizza party and most kids eat lunch somewhere around noon.

3. My friends and I usually plan playdates before naptime and since most of the kids invited still neeeded naps, I thought early in the day worked better than trying to work the party time around when each kid woke up from their nap.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"