Baby Names
Options

Nickname for Darian and Collin?

Is there a nickname for Darian and Collin?

We're still not sure on a name and we're thinking maybe naming him Jacob with the nickname Jack (it's a less common nickname I know but still used according to our baby book).

The other names we liked though were Darian and Collin but we're wondering if there are nicknames for those - any thoughts?

My husband also likes Ronin but I'm not so sure...

Thanks!

Re: Nickname for Darian and Collin?

• Options
    I can't see one for either. But that isn't a bad thing, really.
  • Options
    My DH is a Colin and got called Col or Coli and then as he got older Big-C because he's really tall.  People will come up with nicknames no matter what the name.
    ?Transatlantic Blonde?
    it's called a kilt, he's scottish
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't get why some people get so hung up on nicknames. 

Why not be creative and give your kid a REAL nickname, like Lefty, Slick or Bubba?  Now THOSE are nicknames!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No obvious nn for wither stands out...but why is one needed? Go by the original names and if you develop a nn in the future, use it, if not- no biggie!
  • Options
    Not a big fan of the name Darian but I like Colin and Ronin simply b/c there are no nicknames for them. 
  • Options
    Why do you need a nn? I think they will naturally come up, but nothing that he would prefer to go by (ex. Rusty for Russell). You might get Dee, Dare, Col, but all "informal" nicknames.
  • Options
    I have heard of someone being called Col, short for Collin.
  • Options

Why not just call them Darian or Collin. Why do they need a nn?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think either of those names needs a nickname. But I guess you could call Collin "Cole," but I don't know why. Colin actually was a nickname a long time ago--for Nicholas.
  • Options

Dax

Dazzer

Col-dog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"