Oregon Babies
Options

Crib brands to avoid?

Any brands for nursury furniture that you guys suggest I avoid? A employee at babies r us told me of some brands that had been recalled a number of times in the last year or so, but I don't remember them! Any help would be great!

Re: Crib brands to avoid?

• Options
    One that seems to get recalled a lot is Simplicity, although we have a Simplicity crib and never had an issues with it, I wouldn't buy one again knowing that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Jardine is the one that's been recalled most recently i think.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Personal Photo Blog

First tourist of the Season:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Simplicity cribs that have been recalled were all related to their drop-sides.  We have a Simplicity crib, but it is a static side, so I'm not concerned.  It seems like most recalls of all brands have had to do with the drop sides, so I would stay away from those.
  • Options

You can see all the recalled cribs on the website of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) at https://www.cpsc.gov/info/cribs/recalls.html

You can also sign up to receive emails from the CPSC so you know when any baby item gets recalled. 

I also would suggest the book Baby Bargains as it rates cribs (and other baby items) for safety.

We bought a fancy crib for baby #1 and it ended up being a pain, so baby #2 is getting an IKEA crib which is super affordable, simple to use, and converts into a toddler bed.  Of course, it also received an "A" safety rating. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"