Phoenix Babies
Options

Dr. Carrion-- Goodman and Patridge

has anyone here every had Dr. Carrion as their OB/GYN? I am thinking about sticking with her, but have only met her once at my last annual. We are TTC and I want to figure out if I want to switch beforehand.

Re: Dr. Carrion-- Goodman and Patridge

• Options

I saw Dr. Carrion for one of my annual pap exams and she was very nice and personable.  G&P is good in the sense that they have priviledges at 3-4 hospitals, several offices, and a lot of providers.  I am currently a patient, but I am going to switch because I do not like the office policies.  They will not call you with labs or even to let you know your labs have come in- they only call if you do not have an upcoming appt sheduled because they will only give results during an office visit.  I had called to ask about the safety of rx eye drops my Opthamologist wanted me to use (Category C), and I never got a call back and had to drive to the office to get an answer.  Triage is rude.

I think the last straw was this past week my husband and I went in for our first ultrasound- the MD who we were supposed to meet with called out sick, so they said we could see a midlevel provider (NP, PA and I really didn't mind).  We got our ultrasound done at 8:00 am, but we did not get to see the provider until 9:45am.  I ended up really late for work.  I understand things come up, but if they are running that far behind, they needed to let us know so I could come back later that day for an ultrasound follow-up. 

If you don't mind a long wait and slightly rude office staff, it is worth it to stick with it for the good providers.  However if you are all about customer service, I would look elsewhere.  Hope this helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    The maricopa office has been helpful, timely and very imformative.  I went to the Chandler office and found them a little rude and the ultrasound technician not very imformative.  But Dr. Carrion delivered our baby and she was very nice and supportive throughout the whole process.  The office staff in Maricopa knows my name and are always very nice when I come in.   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Also, I've seen Dr. Wickman and she was great too

• Options
    I LOVE Dr. Carrion. She's very knowledgable and definitely puts me at ease. I had to be in the hospital for awhile for BP monitoring and PIH, and definitely felt like she knew what she was doing and taking precautions with both my health and the baby's.
  • Options
    I tried going to 3 of their offices and horrible experiences at each one. I feel like their main goal is to expand their practice and get as many patients as possible rather than look out for you and be personable with you. I personally hate them and would never recommend someone to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagekristie2422:
    I tried going to 3 of their offices and horrible experiences at each one. I feel like their main goal is to expand their practice and get as many patients as possible rather than look out for you and be personable with you. I personally hate them and would never recommend someone to them.

I agree 100%.  I switched half way through my pregnancy to Oasis OBGYN in Mesa.  I seriously would compare Dr. Goodman & Partridge to a Walmart.

• Options

I'm a patient at Goodman and Patridge and haven't had many complaints. I did have an unusually long wait after they called me back. That was annoying but they were down a staff member so I understood. 

I meet in the Mercy Gilbert office.

Dr. Jarem delivered our daughter via emergency C-section in 2006 and I love her! But she moved to the Power Road office and is only delivering at Mountain Vista--so I have to decide if we want to have baby #2 at Mercy Gilbert right up the road or drive 20 minutes away.

I met with Dr. Baum at my last appointment and really liked her.

I haven't met with Dr. Carrion yet.

I also had several appointments last time around with Dr. Partridge. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was a long time patient of G&P, but once I became pg, I had soooo many issues with them.  I actually hold them partially responsible for the loss of my baby.  I think they didn't take me seriously enough when I expressed concerns that my water had broken.On a positive note, I saw Dr. Wickman for the first time in the L&D when I was admitted there in preterm labor and she was the ONLY physician to ever call me to ask me how things had gone with me. I truly appreciated that phone call (I ended up losing my baby at that visit).

I have also had an ob there say some extraordinary rude things to me.  I have waited over an hour and a half just to get into the exam room then have to wait further for the dr to come in.  I had one nurse leave to get a blood pressure cuff and then disappear, I actually had to step out of the room and demand someone come in and finish up with me (the nurse left to go work with another patient and never returned with the cuff).  I was only there to get a referral! 

Nodding in agreement with having to come into the office just to get lab results.  Where I go now, there is an automated phone messaging service that calls you and you can just get your results from that.  I have wasted thousands of hours of my life dealing with G&P and would never go there again. I have been to 4 of their locations, some are better than others, but the outcomes are basically the same, it's numbers before people there. they herd you in like cattle, but cannot handle the amount of patients.

• Options
    I am sorry for your loss and for your awful experiences.  I have no idea how that practice ever won any local awards for best OB/GYN.  I am now referring all of my patients to other OB/Gyn offices where they will get the treatment they deserve.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

• Options

I have really enjoyed my experience at Drs G&P and would definitely recommend them!  Dr. Carrion is awesome and I am really hoping she is the one who delivers our baby.  I have also had positive experiences with Dr. Mbajol... she is awesome as well!

Sometimes you have to wait, but it's never longer than I have to wait to see my regular doctor.  On one visit when I was frustrated with my service, I called and spoke with the office manager, and have not had any issues since.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"