New York Babies

nanny/sitter poll

1 - at home? on site?

2 - how many hours a week?

3 -  hourly wage for sitter/nanny?

4 -  does he/she do any other chores? if so, what?

5 - how did you find him/her? how long did it take?

6 - are you happy with your sitter/nanny? what would you change?

7 - what neighborhood do you live in?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2 infertiles' journey to 2 pink lines (and a baby girl)
"our IF story"

Re: nanny/sitter poll

• IT depends where you live & if you work or stay at home. ?I hired a nanny/housekeeper who will focus on light housekeeping & cooking while I focus on the baby (I'm going to be working just part time). ?When I have to run out, she'll watch the baby & is super warm, engaging & stimulating with babies (I found her through friends who used her & are moving - I've seen her in the park & she is very interactivce - not like a lot of nannies I see who ignore the kids & talk to their friends all day). ?She is $15/hour. ?At the Big City Mom's dinner, they told us the normal wage for a nanny from 9-6 every weekday is $600/month.

A lot of nannies I met with would only focus on the baby, while I would have had to do all of the cleaning up, cooking, etc. ?I wanted to be the primary caregiver for the child while someone else helped me with the back up. I live in the UWS.

• I am looking to hire a new born nanny and the prices I am getting is $15 an hour ,  for 3 days a week that is coming up to about $300 a week, so its a lot more than $600 a month. Mine will be for only over night, and will do baby related stuff. But will run the dishwasher, but no major cleaning since it will be night. If i decide to go to work, the agency will help me with a day time nanny that will be between 10-13 an hour and I will like her to do light house work
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebigapplemommy:

IT depends where you live & if you work or stay at home.  I hired a nanny/housekeeper who will focus on light housekeeping & cooking while I focus on the baby (I'm going to be working just part time).  When I have to run out, she'll watch the baby & is super warm, engaging & stimulating with babies (I found her through friends who used her & are moving - I've seen her in the park & she is very interactivce - not like a lot of nannies I see who ignore the kids & talk to their friends all day).  She is $15/hour.  At the Big City Mom's dinner, they told us the normal wage for a nanny from 9-6 every weekday is $600/month.

A lot of nannies I met with would only focus on the baby, while I would have had to do all of the cleaning up, cooking, etc.  I wanted to be the primary caregiver for the child while someone else helped me with the back up. I live in the UWS.

$600 a month?? Is that right? That's a lot less than I'm seeing, but that would be amazing.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • that's more like 600 a week
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"