Baby Names
Options

Worst spelling of names you've seen...

you know...the spellings that make a name U-Neek. ;)

Someone I know recently named their baby Kyndahl. (Kendall) Terrible. 

Due October 29

Re: Worst spelling of names you've seen...

• Options
    My cousin named his dd Colby. BUT to be "youneek" they spelled it Colebeigh. I thought that was pretty bad!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

These weren't meant to be unique...at least I don't think so- probably just that the parents couldn't spell.

I taught a girl named Shakalya- pronounced Shakayla (letters reversed) and a Katylin...pr. like Caitlin. Poor kids always have to explain their parents!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Megyn. ?WTF? ?Just spell it right!

Basically, anything with a random "y" is awful, imo. ?I think it makes the parents look uneducated.?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Wryleigh: Riley

Aalyviah: Olivia

These are the worst two I've seen, it's one of my biggest pet peeves, drives me bananas!! 

• Options

Also, I wonder if the similar logic that these people use when naming their children prevails in real life...?

Like, do they write things kreatyvely in real life so people will know how different and special they are?

Dear Boss,

I buhleve I should be konsydered for a wrayse due to my abylity to kreatyvely spell ehveree day wyrds 

• Options
    Shon=Shaun
  • Options

Adon (pronounced Aiden).

• Options
    imagemlf625:

Megyn.  WTF?  Just spell it right!

Basically, anything with a random "y" is awful, imo.  I think it makes the parents look uneducated. 

Ok all I think of when i see "Megyn" is OBGYN.. Wow

• Options

A guy we know named his son "Knathan" so that he would "match" with his other siblings who had "K" names. 

I know a little girl named Abbagayle (Abigail), a boy named Heighdynne (Hayden), and my niece is named Gwynndoylnne (Gwendolyn)

• Options

Wow. You all know some pretty whackdoo people.

I don't hear too many of these U-Neek names. Just the same old, same old names. 

• Options
    I have a cousin who is naming her little girl Kennadie... I think it's terrible not only is it misspelled, but it ends in die.
  • Options
    Ewww these are all awful! I HATE random 'k's and 'y's. YUCK.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

These are all former students:

Macks, Jewels (girl), KeyLee, Raevynn, Ariyahna, J'Lyn (boy), Koryn (Corinne), MyKayla, Kaeli, Nneka (Nee-ka), Kyera (Kiara)

• Options

I work at a daycare right now, and we have 4 siblings who attend, among others.  Their names?

the eldest is Mychal (a boy) - pronounced 'Michael'
    the second oldest is Myhico (a girl) - pronounced 'Michael'
    the second youngest is Tahmei (a girl) - pronounced 'Tommy'
    the youngest is Michael (a boy) - pronounced (and spelled) the traditional way.

When the owner (my boss' boss) stopped by and found out their names, even he said "that's crazy"

• Options
    Abbygale, Kuhyle (Kyle), Airika (Erica)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

in school this year, I had students named Bryttani (Britney), Natylee (Natalie), Mhia (Mya) and just for kicks, Az'Unique (yup, As Unique).

• Options

Grayci is the top one.

• Options
    A friend of a friend named her baby Lincoln but spelled it Lincoyn.  Poor kid will get called Lin-coin his whole life.
  • Options
    These are all so terrible. I wish people would actually think before naming their children. Idiots!
  • Options
    FIRST of all, Aalyviah is not MEANT to be OLIVIA!! It is a name that was inspired by the name, not a variation of the name! Considering my daughter is THEEEE only person with Aalyviah as a middle name, I'm taking personal offense to this. However, what you think doesn't make my no nevermind BYTCH (like kreatyve that spelling?)
  • Options
    Just looked up your child's name and CAN YOU REALLY TALK? Please examine yours before you speak of others...BYTCH!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"