Illinois Babies

Migraines and acupunture

I am 9 weeks pregnant and although I have suffered from migraines for the last 15 years they have been more and more frequent since becoming pregnant. I am wondering if anyone has gotten acupunture to relieve these pains.  My doctor told me for the really bad ones he could give me tylenol with codine but I just want to do that to my baby. I would so appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Re: Migraines and acupunture

• Do you have any recommendations of where to go in Illinois? I so can't wait to try it I am hoping it will help. Thanks so much!
  • I saw an acupunturist during my pregnancy- I went to Northwestern's clinic and saw Virginia Burns.

https://www.nmpg.com/default.aspx?article=integrative-medicine_physician-locations.1.xml

I'd also look into chiropractic- it might help as well.

• Loading the player...
  • I highly recommend Yong Han at Pulling Down the Moon (pullingdownthemoon.com) - he's at their downtown and Arlington Hts locations.  I did acupuncture for IVF / fertility, but also suffered hugely from migraines that he thinks may have partly affected our difficulty in conceiving. His e-mail is also balanceback@yahoo.com.  Tell him Lynn recommended him. I had a few horrible headaches in my first trimester, but they also went away after that, and I haven't had one since (knock on wood!) and our little lady is now almost 4 weeks old.  Hang in there...also, try peppermint oil and dab a little on a wet washcloth and onto where the ache is - it'll at least numb it a bit. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"