3rd Trimester
Options

Stretch marks?

2»

Re: Stretch marks?

• Options
    I started getting them around 20 weeks... and they kept on coming ;)   I have them on my inner thighs, lower and mid stomach, breasts.... I'm blessed :)   My little one is 2 weeks old now and I can already see some of them (the less severe ones) resolving themselves.  My mom had them, and I had them
  • Options
    I think it really depends on your skin and genetics.  My sister has had two kids and no stretch marks.  She had a strict oil/lotion regimen that I have used.  I am 31 weeks and no stretch marks yet, cross my fingers:)  I use pure cocoa butter that I melt in the microwave along with apricot kernel oil in the mornings.  At night I use pure vitamin E oil 70,000eiu.  Apply to all areas that may be expanding.  Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    None yet at 29 weeks! Praying to god everyday!
  • Options
    I have a few, but I kind of like them.  Hubby thinks they're cute... idk why. Mum never had any, but mum was extremely overweight when she had her babies before getting the bypass surgery.  They are fairly recent - post 35 weeks.
  • Options

My Mom had horrible stretch marks.  With my first I didn't have any, but with my 2nd I got a ton.

The difference.  Coco butter.  On the advise of my Grandmother, (who mever showed anyhone her naked body) during my first pregnancy I greased up twice a day with Palmers pure coco butter starting at 8 weeks.  Forget the fancy stretch mark creams, just good old fashiopned coco butter.  I did not get one stretch mark on my belly, hips or thighs.

I was too lazy and too busy when I was pregnant with my second child and I did not use the coco butter.  My reward, a stretch marks in every place imaginable.  So with my third, I was back with the coco butter, again no stretch marks.  So now that we are on baby number 4, you better believe I am slick and greasy.

• Options
    My mom got them, but I didn't!!!!  Yay!Yes
  • Options
    I've had them since about 22 weeks. My mom never got any.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"