Pregnant after 35
Options

Is peeing less a 2nd Trimester myth?

Did anyone actually go through a period in their 2nd trimester when they didn't have to constantly pee? Were able to sleep through the night without having to get up? All the books say that you get some relief in 2T but I haven't spoken to anyone for whom this has been true and it certainly isn't the case with me. Am I just unlucky? I need to hold out hope that I might get one full nights sleep sometime in the next 2 years.

Re: Is peeing less a 2nd Trimester myth?

• Options

Laura,

I don't  want to scare you but I never went through a period where I didn't have to pee during the night. :(  During 2nd tri I only woke up once a night (generally) but I did wake up. Now I wake up around 3 times or so. Last night I woke up every hour. Bleh.

I feel that I'm doomed to never sleep again.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    if i remember correctly, yes, it did slack off for me.  even into 3rd tri.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry to say but it never gets better for me :(
  • Options
    It did for awhile - unless I had something to drink after 8-9pm.  I drink all the time so that has been hard for me.  Now that I'm approaching 3rd tri, I get up once a night....not sure if the drinking has anything to do with it or not at this point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There was defintely a period of time during 2nd tri when, if I didn't drink anything after 7pm, I slept through the night.  (I think it lasted for like a week, but hey, I'll take what I can get)  Now, I get up at least 3 times a night and I still stop drinking at 7pm...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did get some relief during second tri but everyone is different. I now get up once a night.
  • Options

I still get up at least twice a night to pee. I wish I could sttn!

• Options
    It never slacked off for me, but I know that I drink too much too late at night.  I got into the habit of taking my pre-natals at night in the first tri because I was so sick.  So now I drink a full glass of water right before I go to bed to take the pill and I know that doesn't help the waking up every couple of hours to pee!
  • Options
    I wake up at 2:00 am every single night.  I have definitely not noticed any relief in the 2nd tri...Sleep
  • Options
    I didn't need to pee all that frequently until I hit the 3rd tri. Then it was non-freaking-stop.
  • Options
    It hasn't slowed down for me...but then again I was up about 3 times a night pre-pregnancy, I just have an addiction to drinking water and what goes in must come out.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've tried drinking less at night but I'm still going 3 times a night. It just disrupts my sleep so much. It takes me 9 hours to get 8 hours of sleep and that's when I don't get hit with a bout of insomnia. Frequently, after my 4:00 pee break, I never go back to sleep.
  • Options
    Yes, I did get a huge break during first PG.  But I also didn't really have a big increase in frequency during 1 TRI with that PG either...  This time around, I pee like a racehorse 1-2 times per night already!  It's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    I was okay in the second trimester, but the baby's favorite hangout was (and is) up by my lungs.  I would trade trips to the bathroom for one nice, deep breath.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I never had increased trips to the bathroom through the entire pregnancy. I am still sleeping through the night.
  • Options
    I was hoping for it to get better during the second trimester.  I got up four times last night so I guess it's just different for everyone.  It's good practice for when the baby comes and I have to get up every couple of hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well, considering we're all supposed to be drinking at least 64 oz of water per day (at least that's what my doc told me!), I tend to get that last glass fairly late in the evening.

So yeah, it's kind of a myth!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"