St. Louis Babies

OBGYN in O'Fallon, MO

Hi girls, I am new here, and I just found out I am pregnant.  I happen to have an appt. with my primary care doctor on Wednesday for a physical, but I do not have an OBGYN yet.  I just took a HPT a few days ago which was positive so I am hoping my regular doctor can confirm on Wednesday.

My regular OBGYN is a nurse practitioner, so I knew when I got pregnant I would go see the doc. in the office, but I don't know him at all, and he is over 30 minutes away from where I live.  Not a big deal when you are going once a year, but now that I am pregnant I am going to be making the trip a lot more often!

Do any of you recommend any doctors in the O' Fallon area?  This is where I live and work so I would like to find someone out here. I am open to a woman or man, I just feel comfortable with someone who has a good bedside manner.  I am looking for someone easy to talk to, friendly, and down to earth.  I appreciate any help I can get, if not I am hoping my regular doc. can give me a referral.

Re: OBGYN in O'Fallon, MO

• Do you have any idea where you want to deliver?  If you have a particular hospital in mind that will help you narrow your search quite a bit.

My OB/GYN is in Cottleville at 94 and Wolfrum Rd.  Dr. Lamping (male) and his nurse practicioner Angela are great.  You can see either one of them, but Dr. Lamping does all the deliveries.  I had always seen Angela until I got pregnant, but started seeing Dr. Lamping about every other time I went to get familiar with him.  I liked having the flexibility to see both as I work a pretty varied schedule.  Dr. Lamping has rights at St. Johns Mercy and St. Lukes.  He also has a second office at St. Lukes.

Congratulations and h&h 9 to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's good advice regarding which hosp. you want to deliver at -- although many docs deliver at several, it might make a difference.  My OB is from West County but not as far west as O'Fallon.  He's great, though, if you don't find someone else in O'Fallon and end up driving in that far, Dr. Sacher @ MO Bap.  There are about 4 doctors in the practice - everyone I saw was nice and the nurses were great, too. 

H&H 9!!!!!  Such an exciting time :)

• Loading the player...
  • I see Dr. Kent Snowden who has an office at Progress West and St. Johns Mercy. I really like everyone on his staff - very friendly and attentive. He delivers at Progress West, St. Johns, St. Lukes and MO Baptist. He and his nurses have been very patient with all my questions, as this is my first pregnancy. You won't be disappointed. Good Luck.

• I suggest the same practice as PP, Allied Associates in OBGYN.  I see Dr. Craig Boyd in the same office and noticed he was voted one of the best doctors in StL for 2009 :-)  All the staff and doctors are great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I see Dr. Williams on HWY K in OFallon.  He is at the SSM St. Charles Medical group across from Fazoli's on K.  He is a wonderful doctor and the two other doctors in his practice are just as nice.  There names are Dr. Fowler and Dr. Young.  Dr. Fowler is a female if you prefer a female docotr.  I never had any trouble getting appointments and the wait for the doctor was never long.  I believe he delivers at both Saint Joesph St. Charles and St. Joseph West.  I delivered at St. Joe's West and had a great experience.  The rooms were big, my husband had a nice bed to sleep in, they even gave him free meal tickets for every meal, and I also liked that my nurse was the same nurse that cared for my baby. Good luck to you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I see Daniel McNieve at the Highway K / Winding Woods medical building. He's very down to earth, great bedside manner in my experience. He delivers at St. John's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"