Northern California Babies
Options

How did you find a baby-sitter?

We don't have family in the area, and DH and I would like to be able to go out occasionally.  So if you were in a similar situation (or are now), how did you find a baby-sitter?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How did you find a baby-sitter?

• Options

Sarahhhhhhhh!

I was actually thinking about emailing you and others to see if maybe we can get a babysitting pool going.  Interested?

• Options
    If you have a community collage near you that has a child development center you should contact them they sometimes have a list for students who nanny or babysit. Also other local moms can give you names. I have one I LOVE but she is up in Daly City so that might be a little far for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBlissfulGurl:

Sarahhhhhhhh!

I was actually thinking about emailing you and others to see if maybe we can get a babysitting pool going.  Interested?

Love the idea!!!

• Options

imagekittylove:
    If you have a community collage near you that has a child development center you should contact them they sometimes have a list for students who nanny or babysit. Also other local moms can give you names. I have one I LOVE but she is up in Daly City so that might be a little far for you.

Good idea about the college.  Daly City is a little far :/  Thanks though!

• Options
    Sarah - if you ever need a sitter let me know, I'd be happy to watch A - and you're really close. Seriously, let me know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagelegaleagles:
    Sarah - if you ever need a sitter let me know, I'd be happy to watch A - and you're really close. Seriously, let me know.

I'll definitely take you up on it!! Thanks Molly!

• Options
    If you are comfortable with a college kid I would HIGHLY suggest my nephews girlfriend. She is 21 and goes to Santa Clara so super close to you. She is amazing with kids and has tons of experience. I can honestly say I would reccommend her.
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We have no one around here to help out either, so I used care.com. 

They had a free weekend a few months ago so I took advantage called a bunch of girls to interviewed and found two that I LOVE.

• Options
    imagequesarah:
    imageBlissfulGurl:

Sarahhhhhhhh!

Love the idea!!!

I've been thinking about this as well!

Sarah, I got a few possible leads last week...I was out to lunch with some other mommies/babies and a nice man and his 3 late teens/early twenties daughters approached us to let us know that they all have tons of experience and are all available for babysitting and/or swim lessons. I can email you their info if you want.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageZoeMay06:
    imagequesarah:
    imageBlissfulGurl:

Sarahhhhhhhh!

Love the idea!!!

I've been thinking about this as well!

Sarah, I got a few possible leads last week...I was out to lunch with some other mommies/babies and a nice man and his 3 late teens/early twenties daughters approached us to let us know that they all have tons of experience and are all available for babysitting and/or swim lessons. I can email you their info if you want.

That would be great Zoe!  Do you have my e-mail?

• Options
    One of my biggest regrets is not finding a sitter for Ty early on and not taking people up on their offers to watch him!! GL!!
  • Options

imagesoon2Bkranz:
    If you are comfortable with a college kid I would HIGHLY suggest my nephews girlfriend. She is 21 and goes to Santa Clara so super close to you. She is amazing with kids and has tons of experience. I can honestly say I would reccommend her.

Libby, I would love her info!

• Options

imagetitantsmama:
    One of my biggest regrets is not finding a sitter for Ty early on and not taking people up on their offers to watch him!! GL!!

I'm trying to avoid this but I feel so weird when people offer to watch A. ?Like what happens if I actually take them up, do they really mean it? ?Hahaha sometimes I can be a hot mess!

?Anyway sorry to hijack your post Sarah, but I'd love to set up a South Bay babysitting pool!?

• Options

Sorry to intrude but I was wondering is I could have the address to Libby, We have nobody around here either & would love to be able to go out with dh & leave our 5almost 6 year old dd with somebody for a couple hrs.

hp093006@gmail.com 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"