Parenting
Options

Help me pick my battle

DD#1 still has a pacifier for sleep (nap and bed only) but over the last few months she has become more and more dependent on it. If she falls or get upset she starts asking for a binky. During the day we always tell her "only for sleeping" and she will then tell us " I tired, need my crib."  We were *thisclose* to giving all of her binkies to the pacifier last month but she ended up getting sick the very night the binky fairy was to arrive so we backed out, then vacation, then cut more molars...etc.

We want to get ride of the pacifier ASAP but the last few days she has been trying to climb out of her crib at naptime. She was literally like a cat on the rail today, I think she is only not jumping out b/c she is afraid of the landing (thank god) but clearly it is no longer safe. Soooo, it seems we need to move to a big girl bed (try as I might to keep her in the crib til 3).

Do I move to the bed (with the pacifiers)  OR take the pacifers away ASAP and hope she doesn't get out of the crib in the next few weeks? OR do we move to the big girl bed AND do it without binkies (this could be the best idea or a total disaster).

UGH. please advise ;)  Thank god DD#2 won't take a pacifier. They are horrid.

Re: Help me pick my battle

• Options
    I wouldn't take the binky away while transitioning to a new bed.  It actually maybe too much for her to handle all at once.  Good Luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    should read: Binkies to the Binky Fairy (not binkies to the pacifier) lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd move her to the new bed and let her keep the paci for now.
  • Options
    I'd move her to the bed first and then deal with the pacis later.  Or you could get a crib tent to keep her from climbing out of the crib. 
  • Options
    REOMREOM member
    I don't know about the pacifiers b/c Gina never took one (although E is addicted) but the transition to a big girl bed was seamless for us! Hopefully she will surprise you!
    DD1 12.18.06 DD2 9.18.08 DD3 EDD 5.10.2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageDandelionMom:
    I'd move her to the bed first and then deal with the pacis later.  Or you could get a crib tent to keep her from climbing out of the crib. 

Ditto. The crib thing is a safety issue, so that's more pressing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"