Northern California Babies
Options

Timing contractions question

So I'm having stronger contractions now.  They still aren't that painful where I have to stop what I am doing but I definitely notice them as being stronger than the cramping feeling I had before.  I haven't bothered timing them yet because it still seems early and as I said, they are not too painful now.  Should I be timing them though just in case?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Timing contractions question

• Options
    I would time them. It couldn't hurt.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I probably would, just to see if there's any consistent pattern or if they're getting longer/closer together. I used www.contractionmaster.com to track mine...it was kind of a fun distraction, and now I love going back over it since I saved the whole thing to a text file.

It sounds like this could be it! I can't wait to meet baby S!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would time them.  Mine were 5 minutes apart and I thought I just had to go to the bathroom
  • Options
    CelynCelyn member
    You don't really have to put a lot of effort into timing them now.  If they're mild, just continue about your day and find things that occupy your mind rather than focusing on the timing at this point.  Walk, do housework, finish up whatever needs to get done before the baby comes, go to a movie, etc.  When you have to stop and start focusing inward with the surge, that's a good point to sit down and assess the timing.
  • Options
    Sending you some speedy labor dust! As for me I wouldn't time them because it will just make you concentrate on them more and that will get tireing quickly.
  • Options

imageCelyn:
    You don't really have to put a lot of effort into timing them now.  If they're mild, just continue about your day and find things that occupy your mind rather than focusing on the timing at this point.  Walk, do housework, finish up whatever needs to get done before the baby comes, go to a movie, etc.  When you have to stop and start focusing inward with the surge, that's a good point to sit down and assess the timing.

This was my initial thought but I didn't know if maybe I was missing something by not timing them.  I'd rather ignore them as much as possible now because I'm sure soon I won't be able to ignore them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"